No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Julie,

Any user-definable way to display avatars on the side instead of on top of posts? Or even better, to not display them at all?

I'm on a 20" monitor running 1600x1200, and already find I have to do a lot more scrolling than on other forums because the cumulative effect of each post showing an avatar on top takes up *lots* of vertical space.

Cheers,

Marv

Okey doke, found the option for not showing avatars. I still suggest putting them on the side, though!

Cheers,

Marv

Comment

In the User CP area, under edit options in the Thread Display Options area, you can turn off Avatars and Signatures.

Thanks!

Comment

There is a way, however, in vBulletin to display the author, avatar, etc on the left side, which does make for easier reading. treocentral.com does this, and it's just simpler.
        Best,
        Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
        Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
        Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
        pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I'm not on a single other forum that displays avatars, author, etc. on top of each post. It's really distracting.

Cheers,

Marv

Comment

On the side would be good. Less scrolling. If it's supported, maybe you could try it for awhile and get feedback.
            -------------
            David Pontius
            IT Manager
            http://www.shopnatural.com

Comment

I need to look into this, I see the names, avatars, etc on the left.

Let me see what I can find out.

Comment

That and... do we really need this on each post? Not sure what it means, but it does eat up quite a bit of height:

Best,
                Pamela

pamelahazelton.com

Comment

It's the icon that says that there are new posts in a thread or not.

Again, I don't see it on every post, just in the forum area. Let me look into that as well. I can't promise anything by tomorrow, but let me see what I can come up with by the end of the week.

Comment

<-- Post title icon

Its the post title icon.

You see it alone because many are not entering a title.

Comment

Ahh, well many don't enter a title because they are replying, and that's fine. Just didn't realize that's what it was for.

Julie - shrinking that down a bit could also save quite a bit of space.
                      Best,
                      Pamela

pamelahazelton.com

Comment

I would imagine a simple if statement in the PHP could conditionally opt not to display it if the title is left blank.

Comment

We have a new style that will be applied to the Forums on Wednesday to make it more in line with our MIVA Small Business style. This includes new icons, new colors, and yes, moving the poster info to the left.

Maybe Julie will switch everyone to that new style today so you can get used to how the forums will really look.

Comment

Wow, Jimmy! Talk about responsiveness -- or if you were planning that all along, just don't tell me. Keep this up and I may have to stick with Miva. ;-)

Cheers,

Marv

Comment

Hey Marv,

While I would love to say that it was an instant response to your request, we really did have it planned all along. The poster info along the top was bugging me so I made our designer change it.

But feel free to think that it was all for you, Marv... ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X