Now I'm Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I'm Blind

No offense, but the greenish on white is very bright and much harder on the eyes. Why not just make it red or dark gray? Gray would be even better.

And any chance to move the nav bar below the top logo area? Be much easier to click around.
    Best,
    Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
    Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
    Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
    pamelahazelton.com

Originally posted by DesignExtend-MSI
    No offense, but the greenish on white is very bright and much harder on the eyes. Why not just make it red or dark gray? Gray would be even better.

And any chance to move the nav bar below the top logo area? Be much easier to click around.
    Forwarding this on to Dave =)

Comment

Thanks. And thanks for moving avatars to the left.

A few other things... sorry, I'm a usability freak. Icons on bottom to reply - can you put text on them (reply, reply with quote). Feel free to PM me for other info.
      Best,
      Pamela

pamelahazelton.com

Comment

I'd like to quick reply without having to click the quick reply link, if it lets you change that. I'm with Pamela on the colors, maybe matching them to the regular smallbusiness.miva.com scheme would look good.
        David Hubbard
        CIO
        Miva
        [email protected]
        http://www.miva.com

Comment

Unfortunately, the logout function won't work correctly if I move the navigation below the login/welcome block within the red. I tried it and, not being a programmer, am unable to remedy it.

Sorry.

Comment

My Eyes!

Did someone take my picture? I feel like a flash bulb went off in front of me. I know, it's still in testing.
            -------------
            David Pontius
            IT Manager
            http://www.shopnatural.com

Comment

Feel free to PM me. It can be done.
              Best,
              Pamela

pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Whoa! The green has got to go!!!!! Yikes!

Comment

In the User CP you can choose between MIVA style and Dave Style. (Dave Style is named after our own wonderful Dave Slifka.) You do have the option to use either, but unfortunately you can't merge what you like from the two.

When I populate the board with the forums, I will create a post for a wishlist in regards to the look of the forums. We'll keep a "top-10" list going and I'll make sure that Dave sees it. :D

Thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately, the other style places the avatars etc in different locales. Why not just one style that's legible? Or if you're going to have different ones, have different color schemes only (but the same layout for all?).

With the current, I can do a lot of scrolling and create more work for myself, or go blind. Doesn't sound like a viable trade-off.
                    Best,
                    Pamela

pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Phew, I am glad I could change the style back to MIVA Style.

The Dave style is HARSH on the eyes!

CAN YOU READ THIS TEXT :)

Does it hurt your eyes?

Maybe this is better!
                      Jon

Viscott Limited
                      www.viscott.com

Comment

Yeah, it is. But I'm sticking with it for right now to see if it's changed. Though I have to blink often to rid of the white stars in the air.
                        Best,
                        Pamela

pamelahazelton.com

Comment

I also noticed the new style sheet removes the bold from the unread forum posts which makes it much more difficult to find what is new...

The mark thread as read option is also now gone from the thread tools.

Comment

Dave is actually tweaking the style continually. You might (or maybe not) have noticed that the left avatar/user/title bar is now a uniform size.

We will see changes for a few days yet as we iron out all the issues.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X