Install Miva Empresa + Mysql5 + Apache2 Suexec + Php5 on Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Install Miva Empresa + Mysql5 + Apache2 Suexec + Php5 on Ubuntu

Great! I'm actually using CentOS on Virtual Box, and couldn't figure out why I couldn't access the web server from the Windows host, but your instructions gave me what I needed to configure Virtual Box to get things up and running.
    I avoided installing a GUI, just a LAMP server setup with Webmin to give me a web UI to administer the server. Unfortunately Ubuntu and Webmin don't play nice together, and my production VPS from my hosting provider runs CentOS, but helpful article all the same.
    Christopher Cookson
    Create IT Powered by Webpression CMS

Comment

I'm really glad that helped a little Christopher. Hope that I have the time to update it and make more tutorials like this one :-)

Kind regards
      Zen Radio : Relax :) : www.zenradio.fm
      MivaScript Tutorials & Scripts : www.mivascript.org

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having some problems. The virtual machines/hosts seem to work as I can bring up HTML files by calling up the virtual domain. However, when I try to bring up a miva script (in this case the diag5.mvc file) I get:

The requested URL /cgi-bin/mivavm/diag5.mvc was not found on this server.

WHy does it think diag5.mvc is in that location?

The other issue is that I can't access the ubuntu files from windows 7. I followed the directions by changing the dns for my network connection but even if I explicitly type in the IP, it's not able to find it (I did restart ubuntu.) Wondering, should I change the DNS in the virtual host connection or my regular connection? I haven't tried it with the virtual host connection.

Anyhow, any ideas would be helpful, I'm way out of my depth here. Thanks.
        M.A.D.* since 1997

http://www.scotsscripts.com

*miva application developers

Comment

Half of this is fixed- figured out sharing. Certain things in the tutorial are out of date so some software packages had to be installed among other things. But man, getting a miva script to run is driving me nuts.
          M.A.D.* since 1997

Comment

Another issue- I can't seem to get the system to be online at the same time it's pointing to the virtual hosts.

I don't really care about virtual hosts, is there a more simple setup where I can be online, share my files, and run miva empressa all at the same time?
            M.A.D.* since 1997

Comment

Hi. Sorry for my late answer.

I'm writing a new tutorial (will be online tonight). I updated the whole thing. I'm also using a proper server (Ubuntu server 14.04) and a secured configuration. For a better installation of your Ubuntu server I highly recommend this tutorial: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...ot-ispconfig-3

Just avoid installing mailman & squirrelmail (I use Roundcube for that and it's only for production servers).

Also, on your Virtualbox, don't forget to use "Bridged netorking" else you won't be able to access the server from your machine.

I'll post also the scripts that will automatically install latest miva empresa on any VH.

I don't know if there is a simpler way. I guess you could go with just an apache server and one VH, but the tutorial will make things work for sure ;)

Best regards,
              Emma

Comment

Ok, this has me excited. I'm looking forward to your posts, thank you for the effort!

Scot
                M.A.D.* since 1997

Comment

Hi,

Here is the new tutorial: http://mivascript.org/en/modules/tut...nd_ubuntu.html . I guess I'll try and make another one with a simpler solution, like you asked. I mean, perhaps no IspConfig and stuff. But I found this method quite simple for adding new "project spaces" :)

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
                  Emma

Comment

Thank you!

I just read over the tutorial, looks super simple, I'm excited to try it.

One question- what kind of cleanup should I do in the ubuntu install that I did from the previous tutorial? Can I work backwards up until a certain point or do you recommend completely deleting the ubuntu box and starting from scratch using the installation link you provided a few posts ago?

Also- no need for a "simple" install tutorial if this works, being able to develop easily on sub-domains seems like the way to go when you have projects spread all over the web.
                    Last edited by Scot - ScotsScripts.com; 05-20-14, 09:02 PM.
                    M.A.D.* since 1997

Comment

I decided to delete the ubuntu box and make a new virtual machine. After it installed, all I get is a linux command line. Do you know how to turn on the GUI? Last time I installed it the gui came up automatically. I've been searching the web, not coming up with helpful results.
                      M.A.D.* since 1997

Comment

Doh, never mind, I was installing the server instead of the desktop.
                        M.A.D.* since 1997

Comment

Hi again

Oh, yeah, it's more ... command line type of thing the server :) Sorry, I didn't specified in my tutorial. Server is better as it won't use resources for things that we don't really need in development environment (like GUI). And it's better if we need to update services and so on. Also it's faster ... (I feel like I'm selling this thing lol)

And yeah, a fresh install is necessary because my shell scripts will look for IspConfig architecture in order to install Empresa. But you're right, I'll make a second one on an empty Ubuntu Server ...

PS: If you find bugs or you don't succeed, don't hesitate :)

Best regards,
                          Emma

Comment

I'm not clear on the ip address stuff. On the third page of the ubuntu server install you linked to, the guy has this stuff set up:

# The primary network interface
                            auto eth0
                            iface eth0 inet static
                            address 192.168.2.251
                            netmask 255.255.255.0
                            network 192.168.2.251
                            broadcast 192.168.2.255
                            gateway 192.168.2.254
                            dns-nameservers 192.168.1.200 192.168.1.225 8.8.8.8

He's not really saying if he's making these things up or getting them from somewhere.

On my windows system, ipconfig shows:

IPv4 - 125.215.193.22
                            subnet 255.255.255.0
                            gateway - 125.215.193.1

Can I use his values as they are written, or do I need to relate them to the values from windows?

Sorry for sounding so dense on this, this is very new to me.

Thanks.
                            M.A.D.* since 1997

Comment

If your windows IP is 125.215.193.22, you'll have to use the same gateway and this would be :

# The primary network interface
                              auto eth0
                              iface eth0 inet static
                              address 125.215.193.50
                              netmask 255.255.255.0
                              network 125.215.193.50
                              broadcast 125.215.193.255
                              gateway 125.215.193.1
                              dns-nameservers 208.67.220.220 208.67.222.222 8.8.8.8

So your server IP will be:

Hope it helps ;)
                              Emma

Comment

Towards the end of the tutorial, you talk about two options to point the IP the ubuntu server to the virtual host domain and you say,

"SECOND OPTION : I use my newly installed Bind9 DNS, by adding my Ubuntu Server IP to my DNS network connexion. (in my case, I have as first DNS 192.168.0.50 and second 208.67.220.220 - the OpenDns IP)."

I'm not sure how to use the Bind9 DNS or where to add the Server IP to my DNS network connection. Do I add it to the DNS list in the file I mentioned above, or somewhere else?

Thanks, I feel like I'm close on this one!
                                M.A.D.* since 1997

Comment

Working...
                                X