Bongo international shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bongo international shipping

Has anyone tried the Bongo international shipping service with their Miva shopping cart?

All the Best!
    Don

Re: Bongo international shipping

We are integrating it now. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Jamin Jones, CEO
    the Appalachian Offroad Motorcycle Company

Comment

How did it go?
      Vincent
      www.bimmerzone.com
      Your BMW Parts, Accessories & Performance Zone

Comment

We have had it installed for several months and have had a few overseas people use Bongo, but most are opting to use the standard Photodon shipping methods. It was free to install and we have not had anyone complain about the Bongo service provided.

Comment

We have it setup but not for posting back shipping address data to the miva checkout. Everything else seems to work well but we are getting complaints from customers that their rates are really high.
          Jamin Jones, CEO
          the Appalachian Offroad Motorcycle Company

Comment

I'm confused on the service. It is a shipping method or something that simplifies shipping for international customers? Which bongo service (extended, checkout, connect) are you guys using? Do you still give the packages to the post office or does Bongo pick them up?

Comment

Joining thread.
              We are considering Bongo. Any feedback would be appreciated.
              Thanks, Larry
              Larry
              Luce Kanun Web Design
              www.facebook.com/wajake41
              www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Comment

@phishbed - are you still seeing higher prices with Bongo?

@photodon - that's interesting. Why do you think that is? Sounds like not worth the effort to install if people are choosing your standard international methods/rates?

My understanding from talking with them at MivaCon was that they consolidate shipments that would yield more economical shipping Internationally at a day or two delay as the package would first goto their hub. I believe International Checkout is another company that provides that same service. I know we recently shipped a ~7lb order to Australia for $150USD, Haven't done my research but that's a lot of money to be paying USPS Priority Mail Express Intl

Comment

Originally posted by JoelS View Post
                  @phishbed - are you still seeing higher prices with Bongo?

@photodon - that's interesting. Why do you think that is? Sounds like not worth the effort to install if people are choosing your standard international methods/rates?

My understanding from talking with them at MivaCon was that they consolidate shipments that would yield more economical shipping Internationally at a day or two delay as the package would first goto their hub. I believe International Checkout is another company that provides that same service. I know we recently shipped a ~7lb order to Australia for $150USD, Haven't done my research but that's a lot of money to be paying USPS Priority Mail Express Intl
                  I've had Bongo installed for about a year but it's less expensive to use Priority Mail (insured) and the surface is excellent. We just shipped a 26lb-$650 box to Australia for $168. and it's in my customers hands in about 4 or 5 days.

And Bongo makes each page load more slowly. I'll probably remove it.

Comment

Working...
                  X