Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple tax/shipping charges listed in orders export

Hi,
    Hope this isn't too basic a question, but I'm wondering if there's any way to run an export of orders without getting the tax and shipping listed on each line. Orders are broken down into each product (which also is unneeded--can I turn it off so orders are listed with all items and the order number and customer listed just once?), and the total shipping and tax for the order are listed next to each item. This is inaccurate, since the charges apply to the whole order, not each item. I get a better view of what I want in the batch processing of orders, but see no easy way to export the results in a flat file for importing elsewhere, and customizing which fields I want to export. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    Dan

Re: Multiple tax/shipping charges listed in orders export

Two things come to mind:

If you go to www.tinyqueen.com (run by the very talented designer Leanne of Specialty Guitars) you will see a blog post about how to modify your excel file (once you download the orders into excel) so that you don't get duplicate shipping / tax charges.

another solution can be found if you search this forum for order information and mysql. There is a post on how to use a mysql statement in a database admin program such as MyPHPAdmin to extract the information in the format you need.

But, what MIGHT work out being the easiest is to wait until the newest release of Miva Merchant comes out (P.R. 8), as it will have a reporting feature. Look near the top of the Merchant 5 forum and you will see a Sneak Peek thread, and that will show you how it might look. I don't know if they will be adding sales tax to the reports as well, because the preliminary Sneak Peek screen shots didn't seem to show it...

P.R. 8 Should be out in a few weeks (hopefully) after the New Year, but since I am not privy to any info from Miva corporation, I could be totally wrong.
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Re: Multiple tax/shipping charges listed in orders export

Mark,
      Thanks so much for your reply. I've used Leanne's tutorial to get the format I need for Excel, and can work with the data there. I do hope the new release solves some of this, as it seems like you shouldn't have to do so much just to get basic information is a useable format.
      Thanks again.
      Dan

Comment

Working...
      X