Product Variants / Custom Product Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Variants / Custom Product Fields

We would like the ability to pull in custom product fields from the variants generated from the main product attribute to be able to accomplish something like shown below. I am sure a lot of stores would make use of this feature, versus having to use related products (and data entry nightmares) or total custom solutions.

Evidently the height/width/light color, etc are custom product fields and the 6', etc, are product attributes in this example.

Sabine Sharp
    eCommerce Strategies & Solutions
    Glendale Designs
    Support Desk

Re: Product Variants / Custom Product Fields

Sabine :) did you ever figure this out?
    Last edited by Mark Hood; 09-25-15, 09:10 AM.
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Comment

Mark - the tools to make that work were not available in 2011. Think we could make it work now though - why - you have a need?
      Sabine Sharp
      eCommerce Strategies & Solutions
      Glendale Designs
      Support Desk

Comment

Originally posted by GDesigns View Post
        Mark - the tools to make that work were not available in 2011. Think we could make it work now though - why - you have a need?
        Sort of. I'm actually trying to get either the variant sku or variant custom field to come out in a feed for google.
        Mark Hood
        Vermont Gear

Comment

Mark, the EP Toolkit has a "variantarray" function that can be used in conjunction with the new custom field methods for this, however it can get slow depending on the specifics. There might be a more modern method with mvt:do being made available to the template language, but I can't say I have sat down and looked at it. Maybe Brennan can chime in there.

Comment

@Mark -

The variant SKU/ Code is available using:

&mvt:item:parts[1]:sku;
            &mvt:item:parts[1]:code;

See this thread: http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...code-on-orders

I've talked to development about adding our own version of the variant array function. It is coming soon.
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

&mvt:item:parts[1]:sku;
              &mvt:item:parts[1]:code;
              You would not use these in the case of a Google Product Feed, those are for display via order arrays.

Here is a basic example using Toolkit's variantarray and Miva's new custom field functions:

Code:
              <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="variantarray|vcount|l.all_settings:product:code" />
              <mvt:foreach iterator="variant" array="variants">
              <mvt:item name="customfields" param="Read_Product_Code( l.settings:variant:variant_code, 'custom_field_code', l.settings:mycustomfield )" />
              Variant Code: &mvt:variant:variant_code;<br />
              Variant Custom Field: &mvt:mycustomfield;<br />
              </mvt:foreach>
              Again, you loop through a number of these on a given page of your template based feed, it will get pretty slow, may even run up against your timeout limits.

Let us know if you need help setting this up, we have been hammering out custom feeds all week.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
                You would not use these in the case of a Google Product Feed, those are for display via order arrays.

Here is a basic example using Toolkit's variantarray and Miva's new custom field functions:

Code:
                <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="variantarray|vcount|l.all_settings:product:code" />
                <mvt:foreach iterator="variant" array="variants">
                <mvt:item name="customfields" param="Read_Product_Code( l.settings:variant:variant_code, 'custom_field_code', l.settings:mycustomfield )" />
                Variant Code: &mvt:variant:variant_code;<br />
                Variant Custom Field: &mvt:mycustomfield;<br />
                </mvt:foreach>
                Again, you loop through a number of these on a given page of your template based feed, it will get pretty slow, may even run up against your timeout limits.

Let us know if you need help setting this up, we have been hammering out custom feeds all week.
                I'd love your help and may need to go that route... However this is actually for the feedexact module so I'm thinking toolkit code won't work :(
                Going to play around with it and see if I can get anywhere
                Mark Hood
                Vermont Gear

Comment

However this is actually for the feedexact module so I'm thinking toolkit code won't work
                  Yeah, FeedExact would need to update their module to support this. That said, you can setup a feed using page templates that can be used in it's place, might be the way to go if it comes down to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
                    Yeah, FeedExact would need to update their module to support this. That said, you can setup a feed using page templates that can be used in it's place, might be the way to go if it comes down to it.
                    I sent you a email because it seems Miva has only half built this so far... Dream feature I guess.
                    Mark Hood
                    Vermont Gear

Comment

Working...
                    X