Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use 2 different checkout systems in same store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use 2 different checkout systems in same store?

Hello,
    I'm trying to set up a system where we could use a stripped-down version of the checkout system in some places, without disturbing the regular one. We have an online store with the normal Miva checkout. Sometimes we do live events and bring some inventory with us to sell, and use the Square Payment system running through an iPad. What we'd like to be able to do is use the inventory search and the checkout functions of our store while we're out in the field, so we can track orders and inventory. But we don't need all the address and other information since we're swiping a card. I can set up a remote page to do a lot of this, and use php and javascript to help, but I'm wondering if I can set up an alternative customer information page that only requires the first and last name, and also gives me Square as a payment option, without it affecting the regular checkout process for the online store. I hope this is all clear.
    Thanks.
    Dan

Re: Use 2 different checkout systems in same store?

This may be to simple for your needs but I just add a customer. I use something like:

First:Atlanta
    Last:CivicCenter
    Address:1300 Peachtree St
    City:Atlanta
    State:Georgia
    Zip:30307

I'll add the customer to a price group so I can offer any show special discounts and I have a price group shipping module....offers free shipping at checkout. I set the basket timeout for about 2hrs. I can normally go through the checkout process quickly. I can identify all orders placed at a show by a single customer name. The main draw back is that a card swipe does not provide us with any contact information so we always offer a free gift at the end of the show. To register for the gift I ask for a name, phone number and email. While they're filling in the gift registration it gives me about 15 seconds to say "Feel free to browse our booth and see some of our great new products". I'll get about 50% of the entries to leave an email address which I add to something like Miva Merchant Mailer.
    Gary

[email protected]
    www.icCommerce.com

Comment

Originally posted by gsam View Post
      This may be to simple for your needs but I just add a customer. I use something like:

First:Atlanta
      Last:CivicCenter
      Address:1300 Peachtree St
      City:Atlanta
      State:Georgia
      Zip:30307

I'll add the customer to a price group so I can offer any show special discounts and I have a price group shipping module....offers free shipping at checkout. I set the basket timeout for about 2hrs. I can normally go through the checkout process quickly. I can identify all orders placed at a show by a single customer name. The main draw back is that a card swipe does not provide us with any contact information so we always offer a free gift at the end of the show. To register for the gift I ask for a name, phone number and email. While they're filling in the gift registration it gives me about 15 seconds to say "Feel free to browse our booth and see some of our great new products". I'll get about 50% of the entries to leave an email address which I add to something like Miva Merchant Mailer.
      That is a very resourceful idea.
      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Thanks, that seems like a good way to approach this, and a lot less complicated than all the coding I thought I'd have to do.

Dan

Comment

Yep, I'd just create a a special customer account. We're doing an open house at a LEED Certified home next month and when we're selling there I'm just putting everything through on my iPad.
          Dylan Buchfink
          The Mattress & Sleep Company
          http://www.tmasc.ca/

Comment

low tech... who knew? Sounds like something NASA would have figured out in the day...
            Scott Bronstad
            Marketing
            Star Time Supply, Co. Inc.
            http://store.startimesupply.com

Comment

Working...
            X