Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A fix for the 151 lbs fatal shipping error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fix for the 151 lbs fatal shipping error.

As far as I can tell the PR8 update 3 will throw a fatal error if the shipping weight exceeds 150 lbs.

Can we get a fix , by default display the OSEL with the unable to calculate shipping charges.
    How about updating one of the existing shipping modules such as the Base + Weight Shipping and allow us to enter a minimum weight such as 151 lbs. This way the shipping method will not show up unless the weight exceeds 150 lbs. With this we should be able to post any message such as; Contact us - Best freight shipping required.
    Gary

[email protected]
    www.icCommerce.com

Re: A fix for the 151 lbs fatal shipping error.

We did this ourselves on the OCST page. If any item in the cart is > 150 lbs, we cannot ship the order via UPS. so we have a form appear on the OCST page that the customer can submit to get a shipping quote. The form emails the contents of the basket to us from the customer's email address. We then respond with a shipping quote and/or take the order by phone.

Larry
    Larry
    Luce Kanun Web Design
    www.facebook.com/wajake41
    www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Comment

PR8 Update 4 eliminates fatal errors when it comes to Shipping Unavailable in all cases. The 150lb fatal error is not system wide for what it's worth but only if you're only using methods that only support up to 150lbs like UPS or FedEx.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

What about multiple boxes then? I know ups allows you to do that.
        Basically the module should recognize the limit... and split the order into two packages due to weight restrictions. Would be nice if it were configurable. I know we only want to ship 75 lbs per box or less.. cause we don't want to break our backs lugging a box round.

Comment

Yes PR8 Update 4 handles multiple boxes just fine.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

We have PR8 Update 12 and that handles multiple boxes just fine IF you define that an item always ships separately, but how do you configure it so that it is automatically split into separate boxes if the customer orders 200 miscellaneous items that weigh 1 pound each? I was specifically told that it won't, but the response to the previous post indicates it will. Thanks for the clarification.
            Charlie Morrison
            www.MCRmedical.com

Comment

You have to setup Boxes under Packaging Rules. Miva Supports two packing types:

1. Pack By Weight
              2. Pack By Quantity

You would been to then setup all the box sizes you ship in. On each box you will define either the max quantity or the max weight for that box.

Miva will then look at the individual product dimensions of each product in the order and it will choose the smallest box that product will fit in, and pack the box up until the max weight or max quantity. Once it hits the limit it will automatically start a new box.
              Brennan Heyde
              VP Product
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

That's great information, thank you. I wonder why this wasn't mentioned by the design club when I asked if they could suggest something to address the problem. Cursory examination suggests it will do everything we need and more, if set up correctly. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
                Charlie Morrison
                www.MCRmedical.com

Comment

Working...
                X