Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attribute machine, product codes and Synchro

Hello community!

I am building a new store using the same product codes we use in our current store and in Quickbooks..
    We use Synchro to pull down orders from Miva into Quickbooks.

In the old store we use form data passed to merchant like this:

Code:
    <select name="Code[1]" class="prod-forms" id="Product_Code">
                                                        <option value="DH002" selected>Navy and Royal</option>
                                                        <option value="DH009">Khaki and Olive</option>
                                                        <option value="DH001">Navy and Olive</option>
                                                        <option value="DH010">Khaki and Black</option>
                                                        <option value="DH006">Orange and Grey</option>
                                                        <option value="DH004">Red and Charcoal</option>
                                                        <option value="DH007">Purple and Forest Green</option>
                                                        <option value="DH003">Navy and Yellow</option>
                                                        <option value="DH021">Khaki and Rose</option>
                                                        <option value="DH030">Forest and Grey</option>
                                                        <option value="DH025">Tomato and Khaki</option>
                                                        <option value="DH029">Teal and Khaki</option>
                                                        <option value="DH008">Purple and Teal</option>
                                                        <option value="DH090">Khaki</option>
                                                        <option value="DH091">Black</option>
                                                        <option value="DH092">Olive</option>
                                                       </select>
    So when the order is placed, it is placed for the product code of the actual product that was sold.
    So if we sell a black hammock, the code for the black hammock (DH091) gets passed to Quickbooks.
    They are all the same type of hammock, but all colors have unique product codes..

In the new store, we are using inventory variants and image machine..
    So all of the product codes you see above are already in the store (DH091, DH092, ect..)

I created a master product with a product code of "DOUBLENEST" and added all of my color attributes, then associated the colors with the correct product code for the correct color.. (black color is actually the black hammock DH091)

Now, when I place an order in the store, the code that Miva shows is of the master product, it never mentions the product code of the item that was actually sold.
    So if I sell a black hammock (DH091), Miva tells me I sold a "DOUBLENEST".

The problem is that we use Synchro and when we pull down the orders, it will input orders for "DOUBLENEST", not "DH091".

This will not work because it will not alter the inventory of "DH091" in Quickbooks..
    It will simply tell me that I sold another "DOUBLENEST" with a color attribute of black.

I need the DH091 product code to be passed to Quickbooks so it will alter inventory and register a sale for the correct item.

Any info anyone has on this will be greatly helpful, if I cant get it to work the way I need to, I cant put up the site..

Thank you in advance..
    Aaron

Re: Attribute machine, product codes and Synchro

Anyone??

When an order is placed for a product that uses product variants, the product code for the master product is what get in the order and then into quickbooks.

This vairiant (inactive product in Miva) also has a product code. I want this code to be what is on the order and the invoice in quickbooks..

I have seen this variable in play on the invoice page..

&mvt:item:parts[1]:code; -- This is the code for the variant

I added this to the template for the invoice and the correct come into the invoice, but it is not in the order when you look at it in Miva.

Can I use this in a custom field or something and have its data (&mvt:item:parts[1]:code;) added to the data in the order, then pass that through Synchro into quickbooks?

Thank you in advance..
    Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Shaman View Post
      Hello community!

I am building a new store using the same product codes we use in our current store and in Quickbooks..
      We use Synchro to pull down orders from Miva into Quickbooks.

In the old store we use form data passed to merchant like this:

Code:
      <select name="Code[1]" class="prod-forms" id="Product_Code">
                                                          <option value="DH002" selected>Navy and Royal</option>
                                                          <option value="DH009">Khaki and Olive</option>
                                                          <option value="DH001">Navy and Olive</option>
                                                          <option value="DH010">Khaki and Black</option>
                                                          <option value="DH006">Orange and Grey</option>
                                                          <option value="DH004">Red and Charcoal</option>
                                                          <option value="DH007">Purple and Forest Green</option>
                                                          <option value="DH003">Navy and Yellow</option>
                                                          <option value="DH021">Khaki and Rose</option>
                                                          <option value="DH030">Forest and Grey</option>
                                                          <option value="DH025">Tomato and Khaki</option>
                                                          <option value="DH029">Teal and Khaki</option>
                                                          <option value="DH008">Purple and Teal</option>
                                                          <option value="DH090">Khaki</option>
                                                          <option value="DH091">Black</option>
                                                          <option value="DH092">Olive</option>
                                                         </select>
      So when the order is placed, it is placed for the product code of the actual product that was sold.
      So if we sell a black hammock, the code for the black hammock (DH091) gets passed to Quickbooks.
      They are all the same type of hammock, but all colors have unique product codes..

In the new store, we are using inventory variants and image machine..
      So all of the product codes you see above are already in the store (DH091, DH092, ect..)

I created a master product with a product code of "DOUBLENEST" and added all of my color attributes, then associated the colors with the correct product code for the correct color.. (black color is actually the black hammock DH091)

Now, when I place an order in the store, the code that Miva shows is of the master product, it never mentions the product code of the item that was actually sold.
      So if I sell a black hammock (DH091), Miva tells me I sold a "DOUBLENEST".

The problem is that we use Synchro and when we pull down the orders, it will input orders for "DOUBLENEST", not "DH091".

This will not work because it will not alter the inventory of "DH091" in Quickbooks..
      It will simply tell me that I sold another "DOUBLENEST" with a color attribute of black.

I need the DH091 product code to be passed to Quickbooks so it will alter inventory and register a sale for the correct item.

Any info anyone has on this will be greatly helpful, if I cant get it to work the way I need to, I cant put up the site..

Thank you in advance..
      Aaron

Aaron,

Did you 'auto generate' the variants or is this the same product that you added the options through kit builder? Like my example that I showed you in my demo store, my inventory is tracked properly when orders are synch'd into QB, the only difference is that I chose to auto generate my variants, you created yours through kit builder and manually added the options through that. Also, this code DH091 doesn't exist in the "inventory variant" , BLACK is the code in the variant, at some point DH091 needs to be the "CODE" so that it's brought in through synchro into QB.
      Rafael Buelna
      Miva Support Engineer
      800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
      http://www.miva.com
      http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

So maybe I should call it the "parts item" code.

I was able to get the code I want on the invoice page, just not in the order you see in Miva, I could add
        &mvt:item:parts[1]:code; to the email pages too, but that doesnt get pulled into QB.

I did create another dummy product and auto-generated the variants, but the master code still comes through, UNLIKE your demo store where the variant code came through.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaman View Post

So maybe I should call it the "parts item" code.

I was able to get the code I want on the invoice page, just not in the order you see in Miva, I could add
          &mvt:item:parts[1]:code; to the email pages too, but that doesnt get pulled into QB.

I did create another dummy product and auto-generated the variants, but the master code still comes through, UNLIKE your demo store where the variant code came through.
          Aaron,
          I believe I had the same problem you're asking about. At the beginning of the year Rafael had helped me work through it by providing me with the Synchro connector v1.6902, and a module variantbasketitem.mvc. I think the connector was in beta, but everything still works great for me. My variant codes are pulled into QB instead of the main product code.
          If Rafael needed to look through the info he sent me, I'd be happy to provide him with the ticket #.

Comment

Thank you for the reply, I talked to Rafael again and got a different module. Cant recall the name right now, but it did the trick. Now my code in QB is the code of the variant..

However, he also dropped the bomb that synchro will NOT track inventory for inventory kits, only inventory variants.

Comment

Hello,

What is the module that Rafel provided you with that "did the trick"?

Also you mention INVENTORY KITS and Inventory Variants. By Inventory Kit are you referring to the Emporium Plus module Kit Maker?

I am using Default Variant to create kits. Will that not work?

Thanks
              Sam

Comment

Working...
              X