MailChimp Module Support and Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MailChimp Module Support and Troubleshooting

Miva Merchant now offers a free module that allows you to link your Miva Merchant store to your MailChimp account. The module can be downloaded here:

http://www.mivamerchant.com/mailchimp

All support and troubleshooting will be handled via this thread. Please post any questions of problems you may have.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Re: MailChimp Module Support and Troubleshooting

We've been on Mailchimp for over a year now so I'm really happy to see a module to support this.

We collect the First Name, Last Name, and E-mail address of our subscribers. We use the name for the Mail Merge, so we prefer to collect all three pieces of data. However, the Textbox item only includes the E-mail.

Is it possible to add these inputs to the default code (below)?

<div class="mailchimp">
    <div id="newsletter">
    <form action="javascript:return false;" name="newsletter-form" id="newsletter_form">
    <b id="newsletter_title">Newsletter Signup</b>
    <input name="email_address" id="mailchimp_email" value="Enter Email Address"/>
    <input type="submit" class="sec-button" title="Sign Up" value="Sign Up" />
    <div id="message"> Sign up to receive coupons, discounts and product updates. </div>
    </form>
    <div id="remove"> <a href="javascript:return false;" id="remove-link">Unsubscribe</a> </div>
    </div>
    </div>

Comment

Hey Adaml -

At this time the newsletter signup box only collects the email address. However, the checkbox during checkout does collect all three pieces of data because they are available on the page.

This may be something we can add in the future if there is demand for it.

- Brennan
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]

Comment

Yes, we need to collect more data than just the e-mail address, so we'll keep using what we've got.

Please consider this some demand. :)

~Adam

Comment

joining the thread for future investigation as an alternative to constant contact.
          Bronson Design Studio, LLC
          Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

I see Mailchimp can be segmented to deliver to groups. Can the module support subscriber interest check-boxes on the checkout page? http://mailchimp.com/features/groups/

e
            ta: "on the checkout page" -- browsing the install documentation now. ....
            Last edited by lea-ann; 01-04-12, 01:51 PM.

Comment

just found the documentation, so will check it out.

Comment

Hey Lea-ann

It currently does not support this MailChimp feature.
                Last edited by Brennan; 01-04-12, 05:27 PM.
                Brennan Heyde
                VP Product
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

I installed this and am pretty happy with both the ease of installation and use. Great Job on the documents/video.

However I am concerned that it could be causing some sort of issue on the OCST.

I have had a couple call from customers saying that they can not continue in the checkout process because of a missing field message. Both times the customers began entering something into the bill to: info and then realized they could check the box for a shipping/bill match. The fields are no longer clearing when checking the box and I'm not positive of the cause. Since I have never had to take three calls in the same week for this issue I am assuming mailchimp is causing an issue?
                  Mark Hood
                  Vermont Gear

Comment

Hey Mark -

I just took a look at your site. It looks like you have everything setup correctly. i was able to recreate their issue by entering in a couple fields on the bill to side then clicking the checkbox to make the bill to the same has shipping. However all this does is hide the bill to fields. Since one or more of the bill to fields are filled in, Miva' Validation will require them all to be filled in even though they are hidden. If you unhide the bill to fields you will see the fields it is asking to be filled in.

We've gotten around this in the past by forcing the bill to section to show if there is an validation error on the page through JavaScript or just removing the checkbox all together and adding the text optional next to the bill to fields.
                    Brennan Heyde
                    VP Product
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
                      Hey Mark -

I just took a look at your site. It looks like you have everything setup correctly. i was able to recreate their issue by entering in a couple fields on the bill to side then clicking the checkbox to make the bill to the same has shipping. However all this does is hide the bill to fields. Since one or more of the bill to fields are filled in, Miva' Validation will require them all to be filled in even though they are hidden. If you unhide the bill to fields you will see the fields it is asking to be filled in.

We've gotten around this in the past by forcing the bill to section to show if there is an validation error on the page through JavaScript or just removing the checkbox all together and adding the text optional next to the bill to fields.
                      I just confirmed that removing mail chimp fixes this problem on the OCST page.
                      Since its removed now you can test again and you will not get an error even if you fill in a couple fields and then click the box.
                      Something seems to be causing a conflict because removing that checkbox is the only change I made.
                      Mark Hood
                      Vermont Gear

Comment

Hey Mark -

It looks like if we add any new form fields into the bill to or ship to that are not the standard forms, it breaks the miva validation when hiding the secondary fields using the checkbox "Same as shipping".

Im going to check with development to see if this is something they consider a bug.

In the mean time if you want to fix this, move the mailchimp checkbox item outside the "ship-to" div completely. You would then have to absolutely position the mailchimp checkbox to be where you need since it is outside the normal structure.
                        Brennan Heyde
                        VP Product
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

Here is the CSS to absolute position the checkbox where it needs to be when you place it outside the ship-to div

.mailchimp #newsletter {
                          • position: absolute;
                          • bottom: 107px;
                          • left: 316px;
                          }

You will want to add these three styles to the ones that already exist for this selector.

Hope this helps. I will most likely update the installation docs to reflect this change as well.
                          Brennan Heyde
                          VP Product
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

Brennan, this download does not appear to be working. A directory named "MailChimp_Module" is downloaded, but it is empty. Tried it in a couple of browsers, no luck. Have you got an alternate download site? Thanks.

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
                            Miva Merchant now offers a free module that allows you to link your Miva Merchant store to your MailChimp account. The module can be downloaded here:

http://www.mivamerchant.com/mailchimp

All support and troubleshooting will be handled via this thread. Please post any questions of problems you may have.

Comment

It looks like there were some issues with the download this morning which should be resolved. I just tried a couple minutes ago and I did get the files to download correctly.

Maybe clear your cache and try again?
                              Brennan Heyde
                              VP Product
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X