MailChimp Module Support and Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MailChimp Module Support and Troubleshooting

Thanks, Brennan - working just fine now, no cache-clearing necessary.

Comment

HI Brennan,

Is it possible to include the checkbox with the ACAD and ACED in addition to the OCST by tweaking the javascript to include the id="Customer_ShipLastName" et al? I'm new to javascript, so am not sure if it could be added without issues to the functionality.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Brennan,
        After adding items to page template, I received an error:

Code:
        Runtime error in merchant2/5.00/modules/component/mailchimp.mvc @  [00000023:00000046]: mailchimp.mv: Line 1407: MvOPENVIEW: Database  'Merchant' already has a view named 'KEY' Runtime error in merchant2/5.00/modules/component/mailchimp.mvc @  [00000022:00000046]: mailchimp.mv: Line 1391: MvOPENVIEW: Database  'Merchant' already has a view named 'LIST' Runtime error in merchant2/5.00/modules/component/mailchimp.mvc @  [00000024:00000046]: mailchimp.mv: Line 1423: MvOPENVIEW: Database  'Merchant' already has a view named 'LOADING'
        What should I do?
        http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

Can you PM me admin access to your store so I can take a look? WHere does the error occur?
          Brennan Heyde
          VP Product
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

There were two bugs found both having to do with Category Template Manager. Both have been fixed in the latest version 5.5002 which is now available to download.
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

Regarding placing the checkbox on the ocst page, is it possible to have the checkbox default to being checked?

Comment

In the module advanced settings go to the checkbox section and add checked="checked" to the input tag.

But most users don't like opt-out email lists.
                http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

Yeah, I wondered about that. Sometimes ya gotta put something out there and have your suspicions confirmed. I think i'll leave it unchecked. Thanks for the quick feedback.

Comment

I haven't tested having it checked by default, but Im not sure it would work even if you modified the template. The actual add is done on check (remove is done on uncheck).

If it is a feature people want I can probably add it into the core module so you can choose via the admin.
                    Brennan Heyde
                    VP Product
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Is it possible to include the checkbox with the ACAD and ACED in addition to the OCST by tweaking the javascript to include the id="Customer_ShipLastName" et al? I'm new to javascript, so am not sure if it could be added without issues to the functionality.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
                        I haven't tested having it checked by default, but Im not sure it would work even if you modified the template. The actual add is done on check (remove is done on uncheck).

If it is a feature people want I can probably add it into the core module so you can choose via the admin.
                        Brennan,

This would be an awesome feature to add!

Comment

set up and entered API key but my lists do not appear in the dropdown box. I have 2 active mailchimp lists.
                          When you enter an email in the home page mailchimp box it asks for me to log in and enter my API key and choose which list (visible to public)
                          Called Miva they redirected me to the forum
                          Michelle
                          Ritatselementsforliving.com

Comment

I'm trying to setup the MailChimp newsletter signup feature. I've copied and pasted my MailChimp API key into the correct spot on the Miva control panel but it doesn't show me my lists. If I try to sign up as a regular user by entering an email address into the web site, I get an error popup that asks me to log in and enter my API key and select a list.<br>
                            but my lists never appear in the drop down.<br>
                            How do I fix this?<br>
                            <br>
                            <br>
                            ritatselementsforliving.com

Comment

For anyone getting the same issue as above where there are no lists when you put in your API key there is a bug in the module if your list name or list description contains apostrophes. A fix should be out soon, but as a temporary solution if you remove them, it should work.
                              Brennan Heyde
                              VP Product
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]

Comment

Is anyone else having issues with the API key missing.

I have had to re-enter four times at this point and the only way I'm figuring it out is by testing to see if I can enter a e-mail.

No my list name does not include apostrophes it simply keeps loosing the API key
                                Last edited by Mark Hood; 02-16-12, 08:34 AM.
                                Mark Hood
                                Vermont Gear

Comment

Working...
                                X