Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I determine if a specific page exists at category load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I determine if a specific page exists at category load?

I want to determine if a certain page exists when categories are loaded. Is there an easy way to do this or will I have to query the table?

Full Story:
    I'm using toolkit to load pages with the same name as some categories. Not all categories have their own page, and there I things I want to happen and others I don't want to happen when categories having their own page load. What's the best answer?

Re: How do I determine if a specific page exists at category load?

Toolkit #91 TKSL. Look at 2b on this page http://www.emporiumplus.com/v5/tksl.txt and the chunk of code with the header "beginning of alternate page assignment".

Comment

Thanks for pointing out the tksl function. It led me to an even easier way to solve my problem.

I had completely forgotten about category custom fields. That was all I needed along with an if statement in the ctgy page.

Comment

Easy is always good!

Comment

Its always helpful--both as an exercise for yourself as well as to allow others to give better advice--to frame questions in the form of "What you want to achieve" as opposed to "How to achieve what you've already decided to do".

There is a long zen parable about this. About how an acolyte who keeps asking his master how he can build a boat to cross a large raging river...several failed attempts later, he finally makes it, only to find the master on the other side. The startled acolyte incredulously asks "how did you get here", to which the master replied, pointing upstream several hundred yards...."I walked across the bridge" .
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks Bruce. That was truly enlightening.

Todd

Comment

Working...
            X