24/7 Support - 800.608.6482

Miva Merchant Community Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Sort by Ratings

Me too. I'm on my way to get some conch fritters over at Guanabanas. The snow birds have all gone home so the three hour waits are history (until next winter).

Yes, they are evacuating - we've had a higher incidence of Crown Vics and blue hair up here at the big box stores.

Conch fritters are major goodness. When I was stationed in Orlando my roommate was from Coconut Grove, and he dragged me home for Goombay in the early 80s, like the 6th or 7th year of the festival there. First fritters I ever had, and it was unreal good. Now I'm hungry.

Were you at the Naval Training Center? I was stationed at the Naval Training Center in Orlando 75-80.

I just missed you! Did boot camp at RTC-ORL in the '81 and was gone in early '82 after school on SSC side. My future wife and I were the first people to get marriage blood tests at the (then) new hospital!

Was supposed to go back for NPS in Orlando after ET-A at Great Lakes but got stuck on a government boat till late 1985, then went back to the Lakes and taught at ET-A and a Marine NCO school at NAS Glenview until I mustered out.

Orlando was great duty. Great Lakes was the exact exponential opposite, especially coming in from good sea duty. Getting a billet at NTC Orlando was a gift from the Gods. I asked my detailer and he laughed.
    Last edited by nottheusual1; 05-01-12 at 03:28 PM.

That was my first assignment after graduating from Veterinary school. Everybody wanted to know what I had to do to get that assignment. It was kinda fun when I first got there. As a young Air Force Captain, I'd call places on base and identify myself as a Captain. That got their attention until everybody figured out I was that wet-behind-the-ears Air Force guy. Working with the navy folks was a lot of fun. Four years there was my 2nd best assignment out of 25 years in the AF; Aviano, IT being the best.