FedEx rate calculations not accurate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FedEx rate calculations not accurate

Just added the Fedex Web services mod yesterday. I have a new Fedex account, getting the Miva discounts shown here: https://advantagemember.visionary.com/5419/

The rates the module are calculating seem way off.
    As an example...
    Shipping 4lb package to Montreal QC, Canada (zone A) by FedEx International Economy.
    My cart is showing: $102.50
    If I go into my FedEx account online and create the shipment, the charge is $66.42
    The standard retail rate chart shows $80.15, which is even better than my cart calculation.

In my FedEx Web service mod, I have the rate type set to: Account.

Why would the rates be so far off? Any ideas or suggestions?

Re: FedEx rate calculations not accurate

The module does no rate calculation. It sends all the account and shipping information to FedEx who then returns the rate. Are you including a company name on any of the addresses you're testing? What about dimensions or package size? If you're hosted with us we can easily activate some logging that will give us the exact information being sent back by FedEx. Who is your hosting provider?
    Jim McCormick
    Miva Merchant Support
    866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McCormick View Post
      The module does no rate calculation. It sends all the account and shipping information to FedEx who then returns the rate. Are you including a company name on any of the addresses you're testing? What about dimensions or package size? If you're hosted with us we can easily activate some logging that will give us the exact information being sent back by FedEx. Who is your hosting provider?
      Interesting Jim, I thought the module was doing some calculations. I'm not including a company name and the package size is included in the shipping rules section for the product I'm testing. I'm hosted with DotCom Host. Since I'm seeing discounts when I do a test shipment online, I'm at a loss for why this wouldn't be sent back to the module.

Comment

We can setup some logging even if you're with DotCom Host. Send an email to [email protected] and include this thread in the body as well as ATTN Jim in the subject. I'll be able to hand you a log file with the xml results that can then be given to your FedEx account rep.
        Jim McCormick
        Miva Merchant Support
        866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McCormick View Post
          We can setup some logging even if you're with DotCom Host. Send an email to [email protected] and include this thread in the body as well as ATTN Jim in the subject. I'll be able to hand you a log file with the xml results that can then be given to your FedEx account rep.
          Thx Jim, email just sent.
          And FYI... Before I saw your reply above, I had submitted a ticket to DotComHost asking about what you said.

Let me know if you need me to place a test order when the logging is ready.

Comment

Working...
          X