Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Log-In to Miva Stores - Login with a social network (e.g. facebook or twitter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Log-In to Miva Stores - Login with a social network (e.g. facebook or twitter)

The ability to log in to a miva store via customer's social network ID/password. Allow customers to link existing miva logins to social network(s) so they never have to remember their username and password to your store again.

Consumers will have an easier and more personal on-site experience, giving them the opportunity to quickly share info on products they like via social media since they will already be logged in!
    Bronson Design Studio, LLC
    Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Re: Social Log-In to Miva Stores - Login with a social network (e.g. facebook or twit

I have still not seen this on many ecom sites (really only Groupon and Living Social) and the reason from what I can tell is the only info you get from a FB or Twitter login is Email Address, which isn't really enough to be meaningful to an ecom site.

Are you seeing this used more broadly? If so, post some examples because I'd like to see how they're solving these issues.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Re: Social Log-In to Miva Stores - Login with a social network (e.g. facebook or twit

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
      Are you seeing this used more broadly? If so, post some examples because I'd like to see how they're solving these issues.
      Forget where I've seen it Rick, but I've been seeing it more and more. I'll try to remember to make note of it next time I experience it. Are you only interested in ecom site examples?

Comment

For the most part, because ecom sites need billing and shipping address info which they don't provide via FB or Twitter.

There's been a rumor that FB was going to expand it's account features to tackle this, but I haven't seen that yet.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

With the attention that Face Book gets from hackers, would this present a PCI compliance (if not a real security) issue?
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
            I have still not seen this on many ecom sites (really only Groupon and Living Social) and the reason from what I can tell is the only info you get from a FB or Twitter login is Email Address, which isn't really enough to be meaningful to an ecom site.

fab.com is doing it. Login with FB and it automatically creates an account for you. Shipping/Billing info to be provided later. At least the FB Account is then synched with the customer's fab.com account for future visits and easy social login.

Comment

It looks like we may be offering this as a service in the near future (2 months or so). We have a couple larger professional services clients who are considering paying to have this built.

It won't be plug and play based on the nature of Facebook and Oauth, but it'll likely be something you can have us do for you once it's complete.

I'll post here once we have more information.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

Social media log-in (not available for Miva): http://www.addshoppers.com/apps/social-login

How soon can we get this?

Comment

Can't help thinking this isn't such a hot idea for the consumer...not that, as store owners we need to be on the side of protecting consumers from their own bad habits...but, I'd be willing to bet Facebook loves this cause when a FB poster uses it to log onto say, MrTwiddliesSexToys.com, or even MyAchingHemmeriod.com Facebook is going to record that info...just saying. I suppose if you're into cats, and want to log into MadCatToyTown.com its kind of like who cares...sooo...

AFAIK, a Facebook login doesn't give the site anything but an email address...so, it doesn't really help the user checkout faster unless they already have an account with you, and if they do, why wouldn't they just use THAT login.

If stream lining the sign-on process is what you are trying to achieve, our Easy Account module can help, as it makes creating an account SUPER easy (and very persuasive), plus it has a "Remember Me" function that will great the returning customer by name and let them sign into their account with one-click. www.phosphormedia.com/product/pm_easy_accnt.html.
                  Bruce Golub
                  Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                  phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                  X