Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miva Merchant 5. Production Release 8 Update 7 Customer Password Encryption Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 5. Production Release 8 Update 7 Customer Password Encryption Info

You have to set it. Use MakeSessionID().

Comment

Re: Miva Merchant 5. Production Release 8 Update 7 Customer Password Encryption Info

Originally posted by kwgarrett View Post
      With regards to unencrypted passwords, I have one module that accesses these -- Viking Phone Order Manager. I assume that once they are encrypted, Phone Order Manager will simply display the encrypted value for the password and cause no other issue. I do not see that Viking has updated the module past the 6.000 version that I have installed. (Frankly, since they went to emediasales.com, it is nearly impossible to determine what the current release for their modules are.)

Can anyone confirm that the 6.000 POM module will not cause problems with the encrypted passwords?

Thanks

Kevin Garrett
      I also have a customer using Phone Order Manager (v 5.049), and need to apply PR8 Updates 7-10. Did these Updates cause a problem for Phone Order Manager? Did you need to update Phone Order Manager to a leter version?

Comment

Yes, you will need to update your Phone Order Manager to version 6. If you are already on a subscription this is available in your Endevour login. If you still have any questions you can contact me at the numebr below or at [email protected]
        Thank you,
        Amir Torabi
        www.emediasales.com
        w) 800-578-5003

VIKING MODULES: www.vikingcoders.com
        MIVA MODULE SUPERSTORE: www.mvtrocks.com

QUIBBER! Simple QuickBooks Integration for Miva Merchant

Comment

Amazing, thanks Rick Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Kate View Post
            Rick,
            I had the email login module installed from Emporium Plus and received the errors message that it needed to be removed before proceeding with the update. After setting LOGN and ORDR pages back to their original state and deleting the module from MM5.5 I was then able to proceed with the update. No further errors were noted. However, now that the update is installed, any customers who were created prior to the update cannot get a valid link for retrieving or changing their password. I started trying it with my password and since I wasn't getting anywhere, I contacted Jim in Customer Support. He created a new user and it worked fine. I believe he then tried to access the password again later and began getting the error information I have been receiving. So far haven't heard anything since I submitted my username to Jim. This is going to cause big problems for customers if we can't figure out why the link is saying it is invalid or expired when it is being sent immediately from my website to the customer. Are any other websites reporting this issue?

After reading this post we're hesitant to delete our Emporium Plus Email Address Login module for fear that any current customers will not be able to login. Can someone who upgraded to PR8 and deleted the Emporium Plus Email Address Login module, please respond with your experience or with any info that might help us understand how PR8 will affect the login ability of current customers after we delete the emporium Plus mod?

Thank you!

Comment

Once you remove the email address login module, it will have no affect on logins. However, you will not be able to use the new email address login until you update the page templates with the code needed by the new system. There is a new input variable name needed along with other changes in the new method. Those changes are listed somewhere in these forums. I get copies of the reset password emails from my store all the time. Shortly thereafter, the person who reset places an order so clearly the system is working as expected. There have been a few folks who don't understand the concept of resetting passwords and you may get emails from them. But resetting passwords is the preferred method over sending the old password via email.
              Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
              Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
              Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
              Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
              Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

Working...
              X