Image problems in IE after recent windows updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image problems in IE after recent windows updates

We having significant image problems in Internet Explorer after the most recent Windows updates.
    Is anyone else experiencing these? Anyone have a fix?

Re: Image problems in IE after recent windows updates

Windows updates?? Usually, problems in IE are due to needing specific styles to overcome IE's inability to deal with standards based code or issues with coding/css problems otherwise.

An answer may be found with more/clearer information from you. If you can provide more info on the recent update...don't think you mean Windows??...and a link may help.

Jamie
    Jamie Donaldson
    JSDVS Web Design / Development
    Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

Jason,

A "critical update" automatically installed by windows for 7 professional users has effected the way images on pur product pages are displayed.

The image on this page is a 250 x250 image which now displays as a thumbnail.
      This is only in IE 9 with Windows 7.

Thanks,
      Julie

Comment

I'm Jamie. But... Does the problem appear when using other browsers or only IE9? Is it only windows 7 professional users or have you tried other operating systems.

By the way, I cannot access your attachment. It says "invalid attachment specified"

Sorry...more questions than answers for now.

Jamie
        Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Hi Jamie,
          Thanks for quick response. This is specifically a windows 7 and IE issue. It is fine in other browsers and is fine in XP.
          And while I know that IE is the problem, for now it is one of the more popular browsers and I would like to try to fix the image issue.
          Not sure how to try to show you the page, previous atttachment was a screen capture of page.
          I have attached it again.

Comment

Hmmmm. No idea why or how other operating systems would create the issue...I can see windows vs mac, but not windows vs windows...that is a question for someone that has that experience. But...if it is just a browser issue, it is pretty easy to fix. Try setting the the image dimensions within the CSS file for the images you are having issues with or create a style specifically for ie9 for those images if that doesn't work.

Jamie
            Jamie Donaldson

Comment

I believe it may be your doctype. You are using an xhtml doctype, but your code is not xhtml. If I switch in and out of compatability mode in IE9, the image issue resolves itself. Try changing to an html doctype and see if that helps.

Comment

Working...
              X