WAY Off Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAY Off Topic

Need to access a pinnaclecart database (mySQL) from outside (don't ask).

This:
    Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * Testing
     */

$database = 'foolme';

Print "Hey there handsome";

$con = mysql_connect("127.0.0.1","fool_user","t3st_th1s");
    if (!$con)
      {
      die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
      }

echo '1) '. $con;
    echo '<br>';

if (!mysql_select_db($database))
        die("Can't select  $database");

mysql_close($con);
    ?>
    Gets me a connection, but the error:

Can't select: foolme

sure its something basic, but its always just worked for me...

BTW: Rick, here's a great marketing idea for Miva Merchant. Give everyone a free copy of Pinnacle...has got the be the worst cart i've ever seen.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Re: WAY Off Topic

BTW: Rick, here's a great marketing idea for Miva Merchant. Give everyone a free copy of Pinnacle...has got the be the worst cart i've ever seen.
    Thanks Bruce
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

We just purchased the assets of a company with a CRE Loaded (OS Commerce) store. It likes to allow customers to purchase items than have been inactivated. Loads of fun, I tell ya!

NOT!
      Keith Oratz
      PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
      www.preparesmart.com

Comment

Keith, I hope you didn't consider the OS Commerce part to be one of the "Assets" you acquired :)
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Absolutely not but it works (most of the time). It does have a few nice features like being able to concurrently send a message to the customer when changing order status (e.g. "sorry, it will be another week). We will be transitioning the 600+ items over to the Miva store at some point but there are many attributes, links and images to deal with.

BTW, we purchased the assets (inventory, intellectual property, website, computers/software and customer connections/leads) but not the "business" because we didn't want to take on any unknown liabilities. They were a similar preparedness business located in Corvallis, Oregon so we've expanded our "local" reach. I've spent lots of time up and down I-5.
          Keith Oratz
          PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
          www.preparesmart.com

Comment

osCommerce 2.3.X is pretty amazing if you've got a head for PHP. We've got about half a dozen stores running on it with no more problems than we have with any other platform, which means user f-ups for the most part. For folks who can't afford annual licensing, it's a good thing. But, it isn't MIVA either, and we avoid the osCommerce forks like the plague.

Comment

Bruce - I've only seen that when the user isn't added as a database user. We use just about the same set-up as you do, so I can't see any mechanical problem.

Code:
              $host="localhost"; // Host name or IP (maybe)
              $username="myusername"; // mySQL username
              $password="password"; // mySQL password
              $db_name="my_database"; // Database name
              $tbl_name="whichever_table"; // Table name

// Connect to server and select databse.
              mysql_connect("$host", "$username", "$password")or die("cannot connect");
              mysql_select_db('my_database')or die("cannot select DB");

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
                Need to access a pinnaclecart database (mySQL) from outside (don't ask).

This:
                Code:
                $con = mysql_connect("127.0.0.1","fool_user","t3st_th1s");
                if (!$con)
                  {
                  die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
                  }

if (!mysql_select_db($database))
                    die("Can't select  $database");
                mysql_close($con);
                ?>
                Gets me a connection, but the error:

Can't select: foolme
                Are you sure the fool_user has permissions to access the foolme table?

Default setups (like using phpadmin) have those match; i.e. creating user foolme makes a table named foolme, or visa versa. Either way, make sure to grant privs to fool_user so they can select from table foolme.

Comment

Working...
                X