understanding toolkit systemaction - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

understanding toolkit systemaction - please help

We are currently using Sabenzas 'Ultimate Product Reviews and Ratings' module and I would like to add a new required field to the review form. Essentially I want to randomly present the customer with a question and have that field required. In addition I want to test that answer to a variable created to hold the proper answer.

My understanding of the toolkit function is that it recognizes the field in question and then tests its value in a created '_SYSTEM' page using criteria lade out with store morph code.

<mvt:item name="toolkit" param="systemaction|ADPR|PROD|Year of Birth must be between 1900 and 1994" />
    In the example provided by Emporium Plus 'ADPR'
    is the Action to be checked. I don't understand what this is. Is it a variable created from an input field? I found some hints to this on the forums but it doesn't seem right considering the '_SYSTEM' page example uses
    <mvt:if expr="g.Action EQ 'ADPR'"> as its first logic test.
    (I know I am missing some basic knowledge here, like the purpose for the g.Action Variable and how to leverage it. Its probably, a big thing.)

This is what I first attempted to do.
    'WREVIEWS' page:

<input type="text" name="questionAnswer" id="questionAnswer" value="&mvte:global:questionAnswer;" class="textfield" />
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="systemaction|ADPR|WREVIEWS|The test question must be filled correctly" />

'WREVIEWS_SYSTEMS' page: (g.qn is a variable that holds the correct answer.)

<mvt:if expr="g.Action EQ 'ADPR'">
    <mvt:if expr="g.questionAnswer EQ g.qn OR g.questionAnswer EQ g.qn1 OR g.questionAnswer EQ g.qn2 OR g.questionAnswer EQ g.qn3">
    <mvt:else>
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="mvassign|tkmessage|encodeentities(g.tkmessa ge)" />
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="mvassign|tkscreen|encodeentities(g.tkscreen )" />
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="vacreate|error_message|g.tkmessage|," />
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="sassign|Error_Message_Count|1" />
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="vassign|Error_Messages|l.all_settings:error _message" />
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="vassign|Screen|g.tkscreen" />
    </mvt:if>
    </mvt:if>
    <mvt:exit>

I also tried substituting the "ADPR" for the field name/variable "questionAnswer". In addition I tried just testing for NOT ISNULL on the 'WREVIEWS_SYSTEMS' page I created, instead of comparing the variable to 'g.qn'.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: understanding toolkit systemaction - please help

There are certain actions which miva defines in its API. ADPR is add product to basket. When the action is ADPR, miva checks inventory and some other factors before adding the product to the basket. ADPR is one of the built in actions that are defined in the backend miva. I doubt anything would happen with WREVIEWS as an action.
    Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
    Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
    Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
    Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

OK, so the function is only limited to these actions then, so I couldn't use it with any generic form.

Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

If the goal is to stop review spamming (by bots or nefarious ne'er-do-wells), the UPRR module has the ability to require reviewers to be logged in and to have all reviews admin approved. Bots won't normally create accounts, and nefarious ne'er-do-wells tend to go away if they get no play, and you can close their accounts at will.

Back on topic - the action for the WREVIEW page will be ADD_REVIEW.

Comment

Forced login effectively killed all reviews for us. We allow purchases without login so when we elected to force a login in order to review a product, the reviews dried-up completely. We now use a math challenge to help stop the bots but that's pretty ineffective as well. Administrative approval of all reviews is the only thing that we have found that stops all bogus reviews and still makes it easy for a customer to leave a review. We get about 10-20 reviews per day and our most reviewed product now has 418 reviews over the past 2-years. We screen out about 20-30 bogus reviews per month (about a dozen of those come from McAfee doing PCI scans).
          Bill Dunn
          SunCam, Inc.
          http://www.SunCam.com
          [email protected]

Comment

Our plan is to use simple questions like "how many moons does the earth have?" and "what color is the sky?" I'm not sure if it will work, but there is only one way to find out for sure.

Comment

And culling 30 bogus reviews from 600 reviews is time WELL spent. Reviews are gold if you can get them consistent across your product line. If only a handful of your products have reviews and most don't...folks assume that no one buys your products. In which case, I'd switch to using testimonials that, even if product specific, speak to the efficacy of your products and quality of service.
              Bruce Golub
              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

If any one is still looking at this thread, I tried something different. To make a long story short it didnt work. However I removed the <input type="submit"> part of the form and we are still getting spammed. Is this a sign of an exploit in the module or is it just how things work in general? Ive been Google'in with no result for this.

Comment

Working...
                X