PayPal Express Checkout Module question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Express Checkout Module question

I have a question about the integration of the PayPal Express checkout using the Miva module (PayPal Express Checkout and/or Payments Pro API Credentials)

When the shopper clicks the PayPal button on the basket screen they are sent to PayPal to login and then returned to the Miva checkout process. If the option "Use Customer's PayPal Shipping address for Miva Merchant Orders" is checked on the PayPal Express Checkout in the Miva admin, what page in the checkout process should the customer be returned to?

Thanks,

Greg

Re: PayPal Express Checkout Module question

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
    I have a question about the integration of the PayPal Express checkout using the Miva module (PayPal Express Checkout and/or Payments Pro API Credentials)

When the shopper clicks the PayPal button on the basket screen they are sent to PayPal to login and then returned to the Miva checkout process. If the option "Use Customer's PayPal Shipping address for Miva Merchant Orders" is checked on the PayPal Express Checkout in the Miva admin, what page in the checkout process should the customer be returned to?

Thanks,

Greg
    Greg,

This option

"Use Customer's PayPal Shipping address for Miva Merchant Orders"

You will only select if you want to use the customer's PayPal shipping address as the destination address. Regarding the page you are returned after you sign in at paypal, its the OCST page, which is the Checkout Customer Information page. I just confirmed this on one of our demo stores using a sandbox paypal account and it is the OCST page.

Regards
    Last edited by rbuelna; 01-30-13, 07:32 PM.
    Rafael Buelna
    Miva Support Engineer
    800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
    http://www.miva.com
    http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

Re: PayPal Express Checkout Module question

Thanks for your help. I was afraid possibly we had something configured incorrectly.

When the customer logs into their PayPal account, PayPal asks them to select their shipping address. When they select their shipping address and click continue, they are returned to the Miva cart, asking them to do again what they just did on the PayPal site.

The OCST page has all of the fields greyed out, and the only option is to click continue.

Is it possible to update the destination page upon the return from PayPal by editing the NextScreen= variable in the Miva admin on the PayPal Express Checkout Button tab? It would be great if we could send them directly to the next step in the checkout (OSEL) since the OCST was effectively completed on the PayPal site.

Greg

Comment

Working...
      X