Order detail is not showing in the Shipment Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order detail is not showing in the Shipment Confirmation

I am using the SHIPMENT_SHIPPED template. While I played around with some stuff on it, I believe I have Revert everything back to the out of the box version. I recalled and applied the page, the order contents and the customer information. Items assigned are:

store
    shippingmethods
    order
    content
    states
    countries
    order_customer
    order_contents
    shipment
    ups

However, when I send the e-mail for an order that has three items that were shipped UPS and have tracking information in them, all I get is the top information of the email (our store name and address, shipment confirmation order number, date and status), a line and Thank you for your order. The items below have shipped. To checkthe status of any items not listed below, please clickhere. Feel free to contact us via emailor at 802-496-5888 for assistance with this order.

There is nothing else on the email - no order or tracking information. I am wondering what I could have done to make it disappear?

Thanks in advance.

Robin
    ---------------------------------
    Robin McDermott, CQE
    Director of Training
    QualityTrainingPortal.com

Re: Order detail is not showing in the Shipment Confirmation

Is the shipment email enabled? I think I have seen this before when it was disabled and you manually trigger it.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi Brennan,

Wow, thanks! It was enabled, but because I was testing I had removed the features to send it automatically when we processed the shipment. Once I set that, it has all of the details.

I appreciate you insight with troubleshooting this problem!
      Robin McDermott, CQE
      Director of Training

Comment

Hi Brennan,

The more that I think about this, the more I think that it is a bug and not a feature.

My issue is that I want to use the shipment confirmation as a type of receipt. Some of our orders are credit card and therefore paid in full and others are PO and therefore due at the time of shipment. So I have set up two separate emails - Shipment Notification Paid in Full and Shipment Notification Payment Due. The idea is that when we process the shipment we will then manually send the appropriate shipment email. However, because I do not have the option to automatically send the email upon shipment checked, when I manually send either one of the shipment emails it doesn't include the order details.

Does this seem like a bug to you or am I missing something?

TIA,
        Robin
        Robin McDermott, CQE
        Director of Training

Comment

Hi Brennan and robinemcd

Here’s how this works,

The checkbox in the email settings called “Enable” is what controls whether or not the email will get sent automatically when the condition is met (order placed, shipment created, shipment shipped, etc). You can manually send an email from an order at any time even if that email is listed as disabled.

The checkboxes next to the setting “Send When Shipment” are what determine the specific condition under which the email is sent and also the content of the email. By not having either of the checkboxes selected you are saying that none of the shipping information is to be sent in the email.

Hope this helps

-Eric
          Eric Foresman
          Software Tester
          Miva Merchant
          http://www.mivamerchant.com/
          [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Eric, but I do have the Shipment Sent e-mail enabled. So, what do I need to do to make sure the order details get included in the e-mail? The only way I can get it included is if I have it checked to "Send when shipped" and I don't want it to go out automatically.
            Robin McDermott, CQE
            Director of Training

Comment

Hi robinedmcd,

All you have to do is disable the email (uncheck the “enabled” checkbox)

This will make it so that the email will NOT get sent out automatically but you can still send it manually from the edit order screen.

-Eric
              Eric Foresman
              Software Tester
              Miva Merchant
              http://www.mivamerchant.com/
              [email protected]

Comment

OK, I think that will do the trick for me. Thanks Eric!
                Robin McDermott, CQE
                Director of Training

Comment

Working...
                X