Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPS Quantum Notify or Tracking Notifications??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS Quantum Notify or Tracking Notifications??

Hello,

Is there a way to set up the UPS shipping in Miva that will trigger automatic Quantum View or other UPS tracking notifications to automatically go out to the customer with a copy going to us. We are especially interested in tracking exceptions.

Thanks in advance!

Robin
    ---------------------------------
    Robin McDermott, CQE
    Director of Training
    QualityTrainingPortal.com

Re: UPS Quantum Notify or Tracking Notifications??

You can use the built in Tracking Notification emails, will that work?

Otherwise if you want to use the Quantum View stuff from UPS, the built in Shipment Import/Export is designed for that (but in those cases the email is sent by UPS, not Miva).
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi Rick,

Do you mean the Template Based Order Emails that puts the tracking number in the email? That is helpful because the customer can keep an eye on their order.

But, what I am hoping to get is the quantum view that would send us an e-mail if a shipment has been delays (or delivered for that matter). I suspect that with the shipment import export I would export the info and them put it into UPS? That is more manual than what I am looking for.

Robin
      Robin McDermott, CQE
      Director of Training

Comment

Do you mean the Template Based Order Emails that puts the tracking number in the email? That is helpful because the customer can keep an eye on their order.
        Yes that's exactly what I mean. If you use our UPS module to generate labels, then the Tracking number is automatically entered and you can have the email automatically sent.

But, what I am hoping to get is the quantum view that would send us an e-mail if a shipment has been delays (or delivered for that matter). I suspect that with the shipment import export I would export the info and them put it into UPS? That is more manual than what I am looking for.
        As far as I know, the only way to do this would be the manual way with the built in import/exports or use something like StoneEdge, Shipworks or MOM.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Rick.
          Robin McDermott, CQE
          Director of Training

Comment

Robin,

There's one other potential way, but you'd need to have a Dedicated Server with us and use our Enterprise tool set to automate the Import/Export.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

Robin,
              I'm not sure of your exact setup, but we set up our UPS account at UPS.com to email us whenever there is an exception. We don't use Miva to ship, we use worldship, but if you have an online account, you should be able to setup your notifications in your administration section. Login > Tracking > Quantum View Manage > Then blue button that says Alerts. If you don't have Quantum View Manage enabled, contact your UPS rep so they can set it up for you. Huge feature that saves tons of time (works for outbound, inbound, 3rd party, collect and internationa)

We also host our own tracking page, so customers stay on our site to track, using trackthepack

In addition, in worldship software, you can configure it to auto send the customer an email on ship, delivery or exception, and we have it set to do it on exception, since we use an in house program from JetStreamAuto.com (my other business) to send out our emails.

Hope that helps... so you may not be able to do it in Miva, but you can in UPS.com

Comment

Working...
              X