printing SKU and product code on orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

printing SKU and product code on orders

Is there a way for me to include the SKU field on orders that I print from the admin panel on my store?

Re: printing SKU and product code on orders

Yes the SKU can be added to your Printable Invoice batch report. Since it is a page template you can customize it however you need.

The SKU variable should be:

&mvt:item:product:sku;
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I've added it but it's still not printing, below is what my code looks like, is it correct?

<tr>
      <th class="code">Code</th>
      <th class="sku">sku</th>
      <th class="product">Product</th>
      <th class="quantity">Quantity</th>
      <th class="total">Total</th>
      </tr>

<mvt:foreach iterator="item" array="order:items">
      <tr class="highlighted">
      <td class="code">&mvt:item:code;</td>
      <td class="sku">&mvt:item:product:sku;</td>
      <td class="product">&mvt:item:name;</td>
      <td class="quantity">&mvt:item:quantity;</td>
      <td class="total">&mvt:item:formatted_price;</td>
      </tr>

Comment

That code looks right. Does the product have the SKU field filled in?

Or are you trying to grab the SKU of the product variant (size of color)

if that is the case the code would be slightly different:

Code:
        <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:item:parts[1]:sku">
        	&mvt:item:parts[1]:sku;
        </mvt:if>
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

I use the product code for our part # and its working properly. As for the sku field, what I want to enter there is our inventory location which is just a 3 character numeric set.

Comment

If you want to Private Message me access to your store I can get in and take a look why it is not showing up.
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

I'm looking to do something similar and it's not working. I'm using toolkit to generate an export file each time an order is placed (via a custom email template). I need to be able to pull in the VARIANT SKU for this.

I've tried everything....and can't figure out why I can't get the VARIANT SKU field to show.

Even on the INVC page itself....I'm using kse-variables module to show all my available variables....and the only SKU field that shows up is the master product....not the inventory variant. I have a SKU in the master product (just to test) and also in the Black variant version. The SKU for the variant never shows up on the INVC page using the kse-variables module.

Any ideas?

-Kevin
              Web Design and Development, Internet Marketing
              Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

I think there is something up with Miva and that SKU field in a variant.

I'm going to have to resort to using a custom field instead of the built-in SKU field. It's like Miva forgot to hookup the SKU field in variants.

-Kevin
                Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

I think the issue you're running into is the variant SKU is available on all pages of checkout except the INVC page. This is because the variant id is stored in the BaskeItems table but not the OrderItems table. I'm not 100% sure the reasoning behind this. It may just be something development has not added in but I can check to find out.

A work around could be to pass pass the variant SKUs in a hidden input from OPAY to INVC which would make them available as a comma separated list. You could then use toolkit to separate them and add them to your export.
                  Brennan Heyde
                  VP Product
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
                    I think the issue you're running into is the variant SKU is available on all pages of checkout except the INVC page. This is because the variant id is stored in the BaskeItems table but not the OrderItems table. I'm not 100% sure the reasoning behind this. It may just be something development has not added in but I can check to find out.

A work around could be to pass pass the variant SKUs in a hidden input from OPAY to INVC which would make them available as a comma separated list. You could then use toolkit to separate them and add them to your export.
                    Brennan,

Thanks so much for the explanation. Good to know I'm not going crazy with not being able to find SKU on the INVC page.

Turns out, it was my error in my custom function that wasn't allowing me grab the SKU in my Order Template Email. I'm using toolkit within an Order Based email template to generate a order file. This file will accumulate orders and then once a day get sent to a fulfillment center. My issue was me entering the SKU in the wrong product. I was able to fix that.

The field I was using SKU for was to pass off the UPC code. Do you think using SKU for this is wise? Or do you think I should be using a custom product field for it?

Thanks again for the explanation on the INVC page.....good to know for the future.

-Kevin
                    Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                    X