Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Product Videos

Hello,

I am new to Miva Merchant and was wondering if there is a way to add product videos to the site?

Thank you for you help,
    Wendi

Re: Adding Product Videos

You can use a custom product field (or fields) for the video location. Then use a conditional to check whether it's filled. Put the display container code inside the conditional.
    Jason Fancett
    America's SPA-MART - "Where Spa Owners Shop SMART!"
    Check us out for all of your hot tub needs including spa covers, spa filters, spa chemicals and more.
    Miva Merchant forum users can use coupon code MIVAFORUM to receive $5 off your first order of $30 or more.

Comment

Re: Adding Product Videos

You can also just embed the code straight into the HTML of the page.

Example:
      http://www.awindofchange.com/product/blokart.html

Two video's are listed at the bottom of the page, just embed the youtube HTML code right into the page along with your description. Cut-n-paste.

As more video's come available, I am considering breaking the page up into menu-tabbed sections, one for description, one for specs, one for multimedia. I think this will make things more standard across the products and also make things easier to find/see as the description will not be nearly as long (limited vertical scrolling). To do this, I would probably do as listed above and add custom tabs/fields for each section. One for content (main description), another for content 2 (specs) another for content 3 (multimedia) and then use a conditional to check to see which ones will be displayed on each product.
      Last edited by Gamelord; 04-09-13, 12:25 PM.
      Kent
      www.awindofchange.com

~~Once you take flight your eyes will forever be turned skyward~~

Comment

Working...
      X