Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating link to open with an informational pop up

Hi Everyone,

I'm brand new to Miva Merchant and I would like to add a link to specific product pages that would open into a small pop up page if a customer were to click on that link. I do know how to work with code, but I'm struggling finding my way around Miva (I used to work in Netsuite). Does anyone know how I would create this??

Thanks!

Re: Creating link to open with an informational pop up

Easiest way is to create your link with the attribute of "target=new"

Example: <ahref="popup_page_url.html" target="new">popup link here</a>

If you are asking how to put that into Miva's product page, then you would go to the "Pages" section of Miva, then go to "PROD" (product display), click edit and go to the "product display layout" tab and insert your link where you want it to show up on the product display.

Now if you want that to show up on only certain products, you would need to put in a conditional statement. If the information in the pop-up is always the same info, you could set this up with the "custom fields" section on your products, then it could be a simple as selecting a checkbox on the product to have the popup link be visible.
    Kent
    www.awindofchange.com

~~Once you take flight your eyes will forever be turned skyward~~

Comment

Where would I place the code for the pop? In the pages section?
      Thanks for your response!!

Comment

You will want to insert the code into the PROD page, under the "Product Display Layout" tab.

Where exactly in the code is up to you depending on where you want it to show up.
        Kent
        www.awindofchange.com

~~Once you take flight your eyes will forever be turned skyward~~

Comment

Working...
        X