Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to import product variants but getting error

Hi,

i am trying to import product variants. but getting below error. import is only creating attributes and options but not generating variants.

5-14-2013 15:26:40 Import of import(1).csv started
    5-14-2013 15:26:40 3 Skipped - Unable to create product variant: missing required attribute
    5-14-2013 15:26:40 3 Skipped - Unable to create product variant: missing required attribute
    5-14-2013 15:26:41 Import of import(1)import (1).zip.csv complete

also import(1).csv file is attached.

any help will be really appreciated.

Re: Trying to import product variants but getting error

Hello,
    I used your example file and was able to successfully import the file using Variant Import. What version of the module are you running?

- Kyle Hansen
    [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

we are using latest version of miva with PR update 10.

Comment

This could be from a mismatch when manually assigning fields. Edit the product variant import by click Edit Settings and either check "Determine Automatically Using Header Row" or check to make sure the attribute_code is assigned to the correct field. Let me know if that works.
        [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Originally posted by khansen View Post
          This could be from a mismatch when manually assigning fields. Edit the product variant import by click Edit Settings and either check "Determine Automatically Using Header Row" or check to make sure the attribute_code is assigned to the correct field. Let me know if that works.
          I'm running into this exact same issue. It isn't a problem with the wrong column / field assignment. It works halfway through a small test file and then starts generating that same error message on an option line which is only trivially different than the previous line which was fine. Ideas?

Comment

If you are getting the missing required attribute error, that means your product variant you are creating is missing an attribute that needs to be included when creating a variant. You cannot create a variant without the required attributes from the master product. Check the master products attributes and verify that all the required attributes are the present for the variant. If you are having further issues, please attach an example file and I will look into it.
            [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Working...
            X