Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to uninstall "Welcome and Password Email" module

Hi,

I'm trying to install updates. Here are the details of my current installation:

Miva Merchant 5.5
    Production Release 8 Update 6
    Miva Merchant Engine v5.13
    Database API: mysql

I get the following 'stop' message:

"PR8 Update 7 is not Compatible with the Sebenza Welcome and Password Email module....
    The module must be uninstalled before proceeding."

I can't seem to uninstall it. I have taken the store offline. I went to Modules --> Global Settings. I found the module "SS_email" (Welcome and Password Email) and unchecked the active box. I tried to install the update again but got the same error.

Next I went back to the module and tried pressing the Delete button, but I get the following message:

"Module 'Welcome and Password Email' is in use by one or more stores, and cannot be deleted"

I tried using the "delete shopping baskets" utility, but that didn't help.

What is the solution?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Re: How to uninstall "Welcome and Password Email" module

Originally posted by AndrewP View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to install updates. Here are the details of my current installation:

Miva Merchant 5.5
    Production Release 8 Update 6
    Miva Merchant Engine v5.13
    Database API: mysql

I get the following 'stop' message:

"PR8 Update 7 is not Compatible with the Sebenza Welcome and Password Email module....
    The module must be uninstalled before proceeding."

I can't seem to uninstall it. I have taken the store offline. I went to Modules --> Global Settings. I found the module "SS_email" (Welcome and Password Email) and unchecked the active box. I tried to install the update again but got the same error.

Next I went back to the module and tried pressing the Delete button, but I get the following message:

"Module 'Welcome and Password Email' is in use by one or more stores, and cannot be deleted"

I tried using the "delete shopping baskets" utility, but that didn't help.

What is the solution?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Andrew,

You can put your store back online, you shouldn't have to put your store into maintenance mode because you can't install an update. Not being able to install an update isn't going to affect the customers ability to place orders on your site.

This message:

Means that you have customers in your database that are associated to this module. Have you tried just "deactivating" the module to see if it let's you get passed the updates?

If that doesn't work, you can send an email to [email protected] and we can take a look for you.

Regards
    Rafael Buelna
    Miva Support Engineer
    800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
    http://www.miva.com
    http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

You can put your store back online, you shouldn't have to put your store into maintenance mode because you can't install an update.
      Right, that was mainly just part of my troubleshooting steps.

Have you tried just "deactivating" the module to see if it let's you get passed the updates?
      Yes I did.

Means that you have customers in your database that are associated to this module.
      I guess my question would be, what does that mean to have a customer associated with it, and how to I disassociate them. Ok, I'll send an email to support.

Andrew

Comment

I was able to solve this problem....

I noticed that when I went into System Extension Settings, the module was listed there, and was listed as "deactivated", however there was a checkmark beside it in italics (it was not possible to uncheck it). I had to first re-activate the module from the global settings area, THEN, go to System Extension Settings and uncheck it there and press Update, THEN go back to the global settings area, deactivate it, THEN delete the module.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewP View Post

I was able to solve this problem....

I noticed that when I went into System Extension Settings, the module was listed there, and was listed as "deactivated", however there was a checkmark beside it in italics (it was not possible to uncheck it). I had to first re-activate the module from the global settings area, THEN, go to System Extension Settings and uncheck it there and press Update, THEN go back to the global settings area, deactivate it, THEN delete the module.
          Hello AndrewP,

I replied to you on your support ticket. Let's keep this issue off the forums since it's an isolated issue in your case.

Regards,
          Rafael Buelna
          Miva Support Engineer
          800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
          http://www.miva.com
          http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

Working...
          X