Backordered items and Shipment Picklist, Packing List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backordered items and Shipment Picklist, Packing List

We ship sold items from the warehouse - where we have a Shipment Pick List that doubles as a packing list (that goes with the shipment). At this moment we do it with Viking Coders Order status manager, but that is not in sync with order changes from manage orders so we have to holistically go to miva core.

In our packing list we have all the items in the order, and a notation if some item is BACKORDERED or being Fulfilled Separately. For eg. a piece of the order may be drop shipped, coming from a different warehouse, company etc.

This is very similar to if you order items from LL Bean or most companies.

If the customer does not see all the items in the order then they call us saying there were more items on the order. If they see all the items listed then they call us and say they were missing items x,y,z in the shipment (that were back ordered).

So - here are the questions -

Can the shipment Pick List be the packing list? If so I did not see variables available that would specifically allow me to modify the template and say item x,y,z were back ordered.

Can I access the list of back ordered items somewhere?

If so, I can create a new template that I would call a packing list (which would double as a pick list) which would have information on items in this shipment, items back ordered, items being fulfilled directly.

I am sure someone has run into this. I am just slow getting to where all the sophisticated stores are already.

Thanks
    Sam

Re: Backordered items and Shipment Picklist, Packing List

I know this is a older post. However, I am in need of an answer to this very question myself.

Comment

Re: Backordered items and Shipment Picklist, Packing List

There is a variable on both the printable invoice and the shipment pick list which will allow you to print the item level status.

&mvte:item:formatted_status;

For your needs, you probably want to use the printable invoice since it will contain all products in the order. The shipment pick list will only contain product contained within that shipment.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
      X