Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Flat rate shipping for some customers

Hello,
    I have some local customers who I want to charge a flat shipping rate, since the usual rate (based on order total) runs much higher than it costs. I'm using Emporium's Minimum or Subtotal Shipping by World Zone module, which works fine for the order total part. I know how to set up a flat rate in the Shipping module, but I'm wondering if there's a way to make it only visible to the local customers? Can it be tied to a Price or Availability group, or somehow only be shown to certain customers? Is there a different module that does this?

Thanks!

Dan

Re: Setting Flat rate shipping for some customers

First you need to define what you mean by "local". In City?, State? Several Zip Codes?

City/State are easy...Zip code areas harder because there is no simple solution for determining adjacent zip codes.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks, Bruce. City and State would work fine. What do you suggest?

Comment

Use a flat-rate method and then place a conditional around the Shipping list array to only show that rate when the city/state matches the listed city/states you put in the conditional. Can provide details in a bit...have some rush stuff to deal with.
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

I see. So if city and state are on the list, show the option. Otherwise hide it. Got it. Thanks, I appreciate the help!

Dan

Comment

Yes, something like:

<mvt:if expr="l.settings:method:code EQ 'your-flat-rate-method' AND '|'$g.basket:ship_state$'|' IN '|WA|CA|OR|">

Shows flat rate method
            <mvt:else>
            </mvt:if>
            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks for the example. That will make my life a lot easier!

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X