Confused with Paypal changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused with Paypal changes

I currently use Paypal Payments Pro. I updated to PR8U11 and made the PP Express button template change.
    In >Payment Settings > Paypal Express Checkout tab I selected "Enable In Context Checkout". When I click the update button I'm switched over to the "PayPal Payments Advanced and/or Payflow Gateway" and prompted with a window that says "Please specify merchant login". I don't have any of the info it's asking for since I use Payments Pro.

On my > PayPal Express Checkout and/or Payments Pro API Credentials tab, I noticed Paypal Payments Pro is selected and not Express

I'm just confused on what is what and if it's possible to use in context checkout with Paypal Payments Pro. Any clarification on all of this would be appreciated.

Re: Confused with Paypal changes

tag
    Thank you,
    John

Comment

Joining thread. Larry
      Larry
      Luce Kanun Web Design
      www.facebook.com/wajake41
      www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Comment

There's no such thing as In Context if you're only using Pro and not Express.

Pro is like a traditional gateway, it was already "in context or in line" as in they didn't leave your site to go to PayPal to authenticate.

Now if you're using Pro without Express, that's technically a violation of their TOS, but that's not my issue.

Now for In Context, if you're using the Yellow Express Checkout badge and you both make the template changes and enable it via the module.

Then whenever possible, PayPal will attempt to let the shopper authenticate via a light box on your site instead of going to PayPal to login and Authenticate. If anything doesn't work though, it falls back to the "old" method of going through PayPal.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
          There's no such thing as In Context if you're only using Pro and not Express.

Pro is like a traditional gateway, it was already "in context or in line" as in they didn't leave your site to go to PayPal to authenticate.

Now if you're using Pro without Express, that's technically a violation of their TOS, but that's not my issue.

Now for In Context, if you're using the Yellow Express Checkout badge and you both make the template changes and enable it via the module.

Then whenever possible, PayPal will attempt to let the shopper authenticate via a light box on your site instead of going to PayPal to login and Authenticate. If anything doesn't work though, it falls back to the "old" method of going through PayPal.
          Thanks for the reply Rick, but unfortunately I'm still confused.

What I would like to achieve is the authentication via the lightbox which you explained. There is something which is preventing this from happening on my site. I’ll do my best to explain below what occurs and what is activated for my store.

On the basket page if the yellow paypal badge is clicked on the visitor is taken to Paypal to login. Once logged in the visitor comes back to the ship to/bill to address page which is prefilled with the address information (which is grayed out and not editable). The visitor then continues to the shipping and payment selection screen where “Paypal” is the only option in the “Pay With” dropdown. You then continue to the submit order page to complete the transaction.

The other option is to proceed through the cart from the basket screen on my site to the ship to/bill to address page, then continue to the payment screen, and then selecting Paypal from the “Pay With” dropdown. The takes the visitor to the Paypal screen to log in, then the visitor comes back to the “submit order” screen on my site to complete the transaction.

On my >Payment Settings screen I have the following tabs available…
          1. PayPal Express Checkout and/or Payments Pro API Credentials. There are two account type options: 1. Express Checkout and 2. PayPal Payments Pro. The Paypal Payments Pro is selected.
          2. PayPal Express Checkout. This screen has 4 checkboxes available. 1. Enable In Context Checkout. 2. Display Bill Me Later Button. 3. Use Customer's PayPal Shipping Address for Miva Merchant Orders. 4 Send Order Details. Number 3 and 4 are selected.
          3. Paypal Payments Pro. The various types of credit cards are selected.
          4. Payment via PayPal-R. Old module no longer being used.
          5. PayPal Payments Advanced and/or Payflow Gateway. None of the info is filled in since I do not use the module. It was somehow selected during a previous update.

As I previously mentioned… on #2 module above which has the 4 options available for Paypal Express Checkout, the #1 checkbox (Enable in context checkout) is not selected. When I select this and click the update button, I’m prompted to “Please specify a Merchant Login” on the #5 module above (PayPal Payments Advanced and/or Payflow Gateway). I don’t have any of this info since I don’t use this module.

If I go to the >Payment Setting > Modules tab and try to unselect this module since I’m not using it, I get the following warning…

Module 'PayPal Payments Advanced and/or Payflow Gateway' is in use by one or more Store Morph Items. The store has been configured not to allow removal of modules used by Store Morph Items. Below is a list of the Items that reference Module 'PayPal Payments Advanced and/or Payflow Gateway' and the pages on which they are referenced: Item 'paypaladv': Not currently assigned to any pages

So with all that said, I’m still at a loss on what needs to be done to get the lightbox to work. If I understand correctly, on my basket screen when the yellow Paypal button is clicked, I should be getting the lightbox. But it’s not happening.

Any idea why or what settings or modules I have wrong?

Comment

Did you guys replace the code in the BASK "Paypal Express Checkout Button" ?

http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...m_medium=email

Also, if you want to disable a Mod, best to go to Modules, search for the name then untick it. This is always the safe thing to do as it will retain all your settings and just Deactivate it. That way if you need to activate it again, just retick again. This goes for all mods.

The message

Module 'PayPal Payments Advanced and/or Payflow Gateway' is in use by one or more Store Morph Items. The store has been configured not to allow removal of modules used by Store Morph Items. Below is a list of the Items that reference Module 'PayPal Payments Advanced and/or Payflow Gateway' and the pages on which they are referenced: Item 'paypaladv': Not currently assigned to any pages.
            is there to help prevent major issues by erasing something that may cause issues. So by doing the above, you can deactivate without fear of not being able to return to an activate state.
            Last edited by Datagg; 09-25-13, 04:22 PM.
            Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
            Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Datagg View Post
              Did you guys replace the code in the BASK "Paypal Express Checkout Button" ?

http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...m_medium=email

Also, if you want to disable a Mod, best to go to Modules, search for the name then untick it. This is always the safe thing to do as it will retain all your settings and just Deactivate it. That way if you need to activate it again, just retick again. This goes for all mods.

The message
              is there to help prevent major issues by erasing something that may cause issues. So by doing the above, you can deactivate without fear of not being able to return to an activate state.
              Thank you, thank you Dan. I had already done the template change... the problem was that "PayPal Payments Advanced and/or Payflow Gateway" module that I wasn't using. Once I deactivated as you said I was able to select the "In context" box on the Paypal Express tab without getting the error I was previously getting.

Light box is working now.

Comment

Hey Larry.

In the Thread Tools above you can subscribe to a Thread. I stumbled across it one day.
                Keith Oratz
                PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
                www.preparesmart.com

Comment

I am running the PayPal Express Checkout using my PayPal API credentials. I tested it and it works fine.

I have applied these template changes to the BASK and OCST "Paypal Express Checkout Button." I have also checked the box to "Enable In Context Checkout." In-context checkout works just fine on the OCST page of my store (i.e. I see the PayPal lightbox pop up), but not on the BASK page (i.e I get sent to PayPal to pay, and no lightbox appears), despite using the same new template code on both pages as outlined in the link above.

Also, when I enable the "Display Bill Me Later" button and test it on the OCST page with "Enable In Context Checkout" checked, I see the PayPal lightbox popup, but the little PayPal loading wheel just spins and spins and nothing ever loads, regardless of whether my basket has $5 or $200 in it. If I uncheck "Enable In Context Checkout", I can click the "Bill Me Later" button on either BASK or OCST pages and I get sent to PayPal to pay (again, regardless of whether I have $5 or $200 in my basket). Note: The "Bill Me Later" button should only work for orders over $99. However, with "Enable In Context Checkout" off, it seems to work regardless of order total.

Comment

Originally posted by skepticwebguy View Post
                    I am running the PayPal Express Checkout using my PayPal API credentials. I tested it and it works fine.

I have applied these template changes to the BASK and OCST "Paypal Express Checkout Button." I have also checked the box to "Enable In Context Checkout." In-context checkout works just fine on the OCST page of my store (i.e. I see the PayPal lightbox pop up), but not on the BASK page (i.e I get sent to PayPal to pay, and no lightbox appears), despite using the same new template code on both pages as outlined in the link above.

Also, when I enable the "Display Bill Me Later" button and test it on the OCST page with "Enable In Context Checkout" checked, I see the PayPal lightbox popup, but the little PayPal loading wheel just spins and spins and nothing ever loads, regardless of whether my basket has $5 or $200 in it. If I uncheck "Enable In Context Checkout", I can click the "Bill Me Later" button on either BASK or OCST pages and I get sent to PayPal to pay (again, regardless of whether I have $5 or $200 in my basket). Note: The "Bill Me Later" button should only work for orders over $99. However, with "Enable In Context Checkout" off, it seems to work regardless of order total.
                    Hello skepticwebguy,

The Bill Me Later problem is a known issue.

https://support.mivamerchant.com/sup...icle/View/1233

"As of Production Release 8 Update 12 PayPal Bill Me Later does not work with the In Context checkout feature of the PayPal Express Checkout and/or Payments Pro module. If you are wanting to use the bill me later feature in your store you will need to be sure that you do not activate the In Context Checkout on the 'PayPal Express Checkout' tab.

To find this setting you will need to log in to your admin interface and click on Payment Settings and then on PayPal Express Checkout. There will be a checkbox for In Context Checkout and for Bill me Later. If you have Bill me later checked you will want to make sure that that In Context Checkout is not checked. If it is uncheck it and click Update."
                    Rafael Buelna
                    Miva Support Engineer
                    800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
                    http://www.miva.com
                    http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

Thank you for the quick response Rafael!
                      Last edited by skepticwebguy; 02-05-14, 05:27 PM.

Comment

In further troubleshooting why "In-Context Checkout" works (as it should in lightbox style) on my OCST page but not in lightbox style (i.e. bumps me to paypal.com) on my BASK page, when "Bill Me Later" is disabled, I noticed the following:

When I view source code of the PayPal button on my live OCST page, this bit of code is part of the link:

Code:
                            data-paypal-button="true" target="PPFrame"
                        However, when I view source of the PayPal button on my live BASK page, only this bit of code is part of the link:

Code:
                        data-paypal-button="true"
                        The part that is missing on my live BASK page is this part:

Code:
                        target="PPFrame"
                        Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?
                        Last edited by skepticwebguy; 02-05-14, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I figured out the problem. The code target="PPFrame" will only be rendered by the browser on secure (https) pages. In my store, the BASK page is not secure. Changing the URL to https from http adds target="PPFrame" to the PayPal button, and now, the PayPal In-Context Checkout lightbox appears, rather than bumping to PayPal.com.

Comment

Rafeal, can I get an ETA on when a Miva Merchant update will be released so that "bill me later" will work with In Context Checkout?

Comment

That's not a Miva side "issue". PayPal does not yet support BML for In Context and when they do, it'll be automatic without a change needed in Miva.
                              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                              CEO
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]
                              https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                              X