Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Configuring the New Amazon Payments Module

Robert,

Greatly appreciate the information, definitely noted for our internal documentation. That said, the issue is that these delayed transactions do not get reported back to the Miva Merchant shopping cart as "delayed" or "declined". Our clients see them coming in as any other approved transaction and begin to process the order for manufacturer/shipment. I realize these can be far and few between, but that actually makes things worse as the order processing users become complacent and fail to double check all of their Amazon transactions to make sure they are truly approved/processed.

Comment

I believe if you specifically look at the payment data area they'll show pending until Amazon actually approves them.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

I believe if you specifically look at the payment data area they'll show pending until Amazon actually approves them.
        Great, I will have to verify that with one of our clients using Amazon Payments and document.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
          This is true, next to Authorization state it would say Pending, then Closed when complete or Declined if failed. The problem we had the other day is the time it took to show Declined. This was after Miva order details sent of a good order, our Fraud (Maxmind) showing a good order and the customer who also received a invoice of a good order. In this case based on that situation we almost had chains cut to order and sent out. Luckily, it was found declined before that happened, but was close. We now confirming "Closed" status, plus on "Amazon Payments" the funds are showing in there as complete, or pending transfer. Once all that checks out, chains cut and shipping # generated and entered.

We also had to inform the customer that thought all was good that it wasn't. Got kinda heated as she wasn't happy when she called us wondering why her card wasn't charged and her chains were not going to arrive. Offered to manually enter, yet she wanted nothing to do with it at that point. So perhaps in the end it was fraud, guess we will never know.
          Last edited by Datagg; 12-16-13, 03:08 PM.
          Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
          Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

It definitely shows as declined under the order detail/payment display. As long as they get some sort of email notification direct from Amazon, guess they will just need to verify those Amazon Payment orders are not declined. Anyone know if there any sort of status update email notification from Amazon in these situations?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
              Anyone know if there any sort of status update email notification from Amazon in these situations?

We have never got any information on any order, declined or otherwise from Amazon themselves. Just Miva
              Last edited by Datagg; 12-16-13, 03:35 PM.
              Dan

Comment

We have never got any information on any order, declined or otherwise from Amazon themselves. Just Miva
                Very interesting. Any insight from the powers that be if that is possible, maybe a setting on the Amazon Payments account settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
                  Very interesting. Any insight from the powers that be if that is possible, maybe a setting on the Amazon Payments account settings?
                  I thought that also Dan, yet all is set with proper emails. Matter of fact, I never really tossed a fit over it as the old Amazon system never sent us emails either.
                  Dan

Comment

I thought that also Dan, yet all is set with proper emails. Matter of fact, I never really tossed a fit over it as the old Amazon system never sent us emails either.
                    I am ultimately just trying to find a way to best advise our clients on this potential issue. If Amazon were to send email notifications, we could at least tell them to make sure to verify those Amazon orders in Miva Merchant have been cleared. Otherwise, they would have to look through each order under Order Management to A. see if the order was processed by Amazon, and B. see if it was cleared or not. (don't see a number of our clients doing this, but if that is how it works, we want to advise them of that before they enable/implement)

Comment

AFAIK the only option for your clients is to build a process around Order Processing with Amazon that waits for the time to clear.

As of now I don't believe there's anyway other than checking to them to find out.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]
                      https://www.miva.com

Comment

I'd definitely advise checking the payment authorization status is "Open" (or "Closed" if using "Instantly Capture Payment") before processing an order.

For clarification, we send 3 types of emails, all to the buyer, as part of a payment.

1. Immediately after a customer places an order on your site, we send a "Payment Authorization" email. This lets the customer know they've granted you permission to charge their account. We send this before we process the payment as it's possible to re-authorize an order in the case of some kinds of payment declines, such as a timeout or system error. We don't notify the customer if you receive a decline to give you flexibility to re-try or contact the customer directly.

2. When you capture funds, we send a "Charge Notification" email to let the customer know they've had money withdrawn from their account. We only send this after you've successfully received funds.

3. In the event of a refund, we send a "Refund Notification" email after it's been successfully processed.

We don't send emails to the seller, since the new platform was built to be more of a pure payment processing API, where we're not aware of your order flow or the appropriate time to send emails. You can login to your Seller Central account to confirm payments under "Reports" -> "Payment Advanced Transactions".

I hear you though, you'd like better confirmation of payment, and I'll make sure it's considered for future enhancements.

Comment

I am having quite a few orders come through with out shipping addresses, just company name, city, state and zip.

Is there a setting or log file I should look at?
                          http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

Hiya,

Could you get in touch with us via email so we can look into the orders? Please send one or more of the Amazon Order IDs to us at [email protected].

Thanks,

Robert.

Originally posted by alphabet View Post
                            I am having quite a few orders come through with out shipping addresses, just company name, city, state and zip.

Is there a setting or log file I should look at?

Comment

I'll get the full list over to you on Friday.

Thank you for taking a look at them.

Comment

Amazon Payments provided the raw <PhysicalDestination> data for the orders that I did not get complete ShipTo information in the Miva Manage Orders tab. (Thank you Robert)

After reviewing the data there appears to be an AddressLine1 and AddressLine2 issue.

Amazon Payments sent all the correct data in the <PhysicalDestination> tag.

When the <PhysicalDestination> tag had data in AddressLine1 and AddressLine2 fields, only AddressLine1 was displayed in the Miva ShipTo fields. AddressLine2 was dropped.

I remember there was logic included when AddressLine2 field was added a few years ago that may be missing in the AP module.

Who should I pass this information to?

Comment

Working...
                                X