Searching for orders in Manage Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching for orders in Manage Orders

We can't search for a customer's order by their name in Manage Orders.
    Can we get that capability added? It would make it much, much easier to help customers over the phone when they call in to get their order status. Understandably, they rarely know the order number or the email they used to place the order.

Last edited by Mark Stephens; 09-27-13, 03:32 PM.

Re: Searching for orders in Manage Orders

Two workaround ideas...

1) Use View Orders in the Shortcuts to get the order number - It's search will include first and last names as long as you have them checked. Then you can take the order number to Manage Orders.

2) In Manage Orders press CTRL-F for the windows search function. It will highlight all of the orders containing the name you enter.

Neither is perfect and I wouldn't be surprised to see Rick chime in with something like "We are upgrading that feature in PR X - Release YY."
    Keith Oratz
    PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
    www.preparesmart.com

Comment

We just added search by company, but you're hoping to search by first or last name?
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks, gents.

Search by last name is what we're hoping for.

CTRL-F works for the moment, but it does have its drawbacks. My customer service team would be just a touch happier with a search by last name function.

Comment

Got it, yes I would expect Version 9 to handle that in a much more customizable/flexible manner.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
          X