Credit card entry on last page please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit card entry on last page please

This is something that I get a lot of emails on. Miva asks for the credit card type on the OSEL page, but the data is entered on the following page, OPAY. I get emails saying, "why do you only allow checkout with Mastercard?" Well, I don't. The customer isn't smart enough to know that they didn't choose something else on the prior page. Please make Miva's shopping cart like everyone else's shopping cart in this regard and allow the choice of card and card entry on the same page.

Thanks

Kevin Garrett

Re: Credit card entry on last page please

We changed our credit cards options on OSEL to radio buttons and left them un checked. Customer sees all card types available & must click one of them. We like that better than using a <select drop down. Larry
    Larry
    Luce Kanun Web Design
    www.facebook.com/wajake41
    www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Comment

We use analytics to capture error events on the OPAY page. Many times we see a users card is declined and the error message tells them to try a different card number. Then, from the OPAY page, they try a different card number which is usually a different card type. Not knowing that they had to go back to the OSEL page to change the card type, the users encounter a second error that tells them the card type doesn't match.

I haven't filtered the analytics but I think most of these errors result in abandoned carts.
      http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

The reason Miva Merchant does it like this is you may have multiple payment gateways or payment modules you use (example would be Authorize.Net and PayPal or Google Checkout, etc.).

If you only use one payment module you can change the credit card type on OPAY without any errors. You may have to hardcode the options, but we offer this option on our sites. We actually go one step further and auto-detect your credit card type based on the credit card number entered.

Comment

Working...
        X