Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apache2 + Ubuntu server : Error 500 instead of actual Miva error when fatal error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apache2 + Ubuntu server : Error 500 instead of actual Miva error when fatal error

Hi everyone,

I still search for a solution to show the actual fatal error instead of the default 500 internal sever error page. Same thing when I use <mvexit>. It gets me the default 500 error instead of exiting the program.

I'm on Ubuntu 11.10 (GNU/Linux 3.0.0-32-server x86_64) but it happen with every Ubuntu server I have (even the latest versions). I'm pretty sure it's a setting somewhere in Apache2 but I just cannot find it.

I can debug with the miva debug file, but for small errors (like a sql query) it's faster to see it on screen. And also, cannot use mvexit anymore :(

Thank you in advance if you have any idea :)
    Emma
    Zen Radio : Relax :) : www.zenradio.fm
    MivaScript Tutorials & Scripts : www.mivascript.org

Re: Apache2 + Ubuntu server : Error 500 instead of actual Miva error when fatal erro

Could you redact any sensitive information and post your httpd.conf and .htaccess files?

Also, try using something like `strace` to see what's happening behind the scenes.

To do this easliy: `ps auxw | grep sbin/apache | awk '{print"-p " $2}' | xargs strace`

http://www.commandlinefu.com/command...ache-processes

That can help you get to the beginnings of where some of the issues are. From there you should be able to see if it's a Miva issue or an Apache issue (are we missing Apache configs, or is there something within Miva which is killing it all?).
    PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
    We built the most Miva Merchant stores!
    Miva shopping cart design & integration service and our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
    web: www.pcinet.com

"We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals."
    Quarry Worker's Creed

Comment

Re: Apache2 + Ubuntu server : Error 500 instead of actual Miva error when fatal erro

Hi

Thank you for the help. I tried to see what's going on while loading a page, but I really don't understand all the things :) I don't have a .htaccess file but while searching through the apache files, I saw one called security and changed TraceEnable to On and ServerTokens to Full and after restarting apache2 ... well it works.

So, yeah, don't know if it was just luck or something but I'm quite happy with the result :)

Emma

Comment

TraceEnable will be a PCI compliance issue. You can't run it and be compliant -- session IDs can be intercepted IFAICR.

ServerTokens tells things about your server you may not want everyone to know -- set it to Prod if you can versus Full.
        Last edited by nottheusual1; 10-21-13, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Oh, thank you for clarifying this. I understand better. I forgot to mention that's my dev server (intranet only) and will never do that on production servers.

Thank you :)

Comment

Working...
          X