Sebenza out of business? - Gift certificate module suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sebenza out of business? - Gift certificate module suggestions

First off.....does anyone know if Sebenza is out of business? We purchased Ultimate Gift Certificates from them and have an issue.....submitted a support ticket and no response since Monday.

Secondly....does anyone know of an alternate Gift Certificate module? And please don't say Viking Coders because they switched to the ridiculous subscription model and we aren't paying $30+ a month for a single module.

Thanks!

-Kevin
    Web Design and Development, Internet Marketing
    Lancer Media, Inc.

Re: Sebenza out of business? - Gift certificate module suggestions

They're definitely not out of business, I'll ask Scott to reply.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you Rick. Good to know they are still around, but quite frankly awful support. Going on 2 days without even a response to the ticket.

-Kevin
      Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Kevin,

Understood, that part I can only try to assist with, but I did directly reach out to Scott for you.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Greatly appreciate it Rick! You ROCK!

-Kevin
          Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Well, seems even with Rick reaching out, Sebenza still hasn't contacted me or updated the ticket. It's been 3 days and not a single response.

At this point I wouldn't recommend Sebenza to anyone for modules.

-Kevin
            Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by lancermedia View Post
              Secondly....does anyone know of an alternate Gift Certificate module?
              I've been asked many times about making a gift certificate module, especially after I added a similar feature (POINTS redemption) to the coupon module. But as you know, Miva has been working at break neck speed to replace 3rd party modules. Spending a week on a module which could be obsolete any day now, would be foolish. Even a few months would not generate enough sales to pay for the effort.

A few days ago I was asked about adding the authentication and encryption to one of my modules that sends out emails. I did that along with 24 other of my modules which send emails. All of my modules are now compliant with those features. When notifying the store owner that it was done, he said he could not switch to STARTTLS because his gift certificate module would not work with it. All email being sent from your store has to be compliant. c'est la vie!

Anyway, it would be nice if Miva would put a gift certificate module on the front burner. Rick?
              Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
              Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
              Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
              Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
              Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

It's on the medium burner.

Right now the front burner is:

V9 launch:

1. New Admin (enormous project)
                2. Sales, discounts, coupons, timed sales, etc.... also a big project

Separate from V9 launch (as in will launch as a DL module when ready pre V9):

1. Marketplaces support specifically Sell on eBay, Sell on Amazon.

Medium burner is:

1. Gift Certificates (but to do them properly you need split payment which is why we're not just mimicking what's out there already)
                2. Cool secret stuff we're not talking about

Long burner:

Everything else
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

The best solution is for Miva to hire Bill as a developer :)

~~~~

Or, maybe Sebenza could hire Bill, since his customer service is pretty outstanding...

(not to imply that Bill is actually looking for work.)
                  Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 12-12-13, 10:01 AM.
                  Mark Romero
                  ~~~~~~~~

Comment

This is the reason we have refrained from any sort of retail module development. As developers in the community, we have no further details on what is coming down the pike than what is posted to these forums. As a result, we simply will not take the risk to develop any sort of 3rd party solutions to fill in any holes. If we had a better developer relationship with Miva Merchant to where we had some insight as to where things are going, but more importantly details, things might be different. We have scrapped a number of ideas, solutions and modules to the scrap heap due to the unknowns.
                    Last edited by Dan - Glendale Designs; 12-12-13, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Client that wants this is frankly not pleased. I submitted the ticket on Monday and it's Thursday and haven't heard anything from Sebenza.

Does anyone know.....will Viking Coders sell modules as single purchases anymore? Or do they require the subscription. They seem to be the only other developer out there with a module.

-Kevin
                      Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Does anyone have a direct contact number for Sebenza? They list no phone and no direct email.

I'm getting massive pressure from my boss to get this resolved.

-Kevin
                        Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Scott owns Searchspring.net, call them.
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

This is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe I'm getting the run around from this company.

I chatted with Searchspring, got an email address they say is for Scott. I will try emailing him directly. Also left a message for what I think was his B7 Interactive voicemail.

-Kevin
                            Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Kevin,

What, exactly, is the issue? If its not "fulfillment" related, perhaps someone who has used that module in the past (like us) might know the answer.
                              Bruce Golub
                              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                              phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                              X