Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please recommend a great Anit-spam solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Bill Davis

Re: Can someone please recommend a great Anit-spam solution?

Cloudmark is great, IF you use a regular email program on your computer and they have a version that is compatible:

http://www.cloudmark.com/en/products...sktopone/index

I used to recommend Postini but of course Google bought them and is killing off their products to force everyone to Google Apps.

Spam Soap is an option for a server-based solution that filters before the email gets to you, so that works with any email client including webmail.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

BTW: If this is for emails used on the site, I'd STRONGLY recommend NOT using any system that makes senders (i.e., your customers) jump through any hoops...cause they won't...jump through hoops or be your customers :)
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

David, I like the idea of a server solution because people accessing same account would also benefit. Are all server based solutions require; 1. Monthly fee, 2. Vendor could service, wherein they receive the confidential data first, and eventually filter it back to us?

Bruce, the amount of SPAM emails we are receiving daily is in the thousands. We spend an incredible amount of time manually weeding through our site inbox. We need to find a way to put a significantly improve this problem.

We were thinking of ideally a server solution that we can install, not hosted by someone other than MM, preferably no reoccurring monthly fees. Change current email account, and create an auto-response email for the old account directing them to website captcha contact us form.
        Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

I am looking into barracuda networkds for e-mail handling. So far they look good. It is user based fees and they protect outgoing (if one of your users clicks on a spam-worm-trojan) and also filter incoming spam as well.

As soon as I get my server migrated over to a new platform I will be giving them a try.
          Kent
          www.awindofchange.com

~~Once you take flight your eyes will forever be turned skyward~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gamelord View Post
            I am looking into barracuda networkds for e-mail handling. So far they look good. It is user based fees and they protect outgoing (if one of your users clicks on a spam-worm-trojan) and also filter incoming spam as well.

As soon as I get my server migrated over to a new platform I will be giving them a try.
            I don't know if they've improved on this, but many years ago, I tested one of their appliances and a bad update just happened to be released during the testing; it auto installed and basically rendered the device unusable. The issue was the appliance is mostly a black box; you can do some administration type things via the web interface but if things really go bad, they have to fix it, and their support was not available at the time. I was very impressed with it prior to that but ended up not pursuing it further since there was no way for me to get in and tinker with it when a real problem occurred. Hopefully they've worked around that by now as it was quite some time ago.

Originally posted by William Davis View Post
            David, I like the idea of a server solution because people accessing same account would also benefit. Are all server based solutions require; 1. Monthly fee, 2. Vendor could service, wherein they receive the confidential data first, and eventually filter it back to us?

Bruce, the amount of SPAM emails we are receiving daily is in the thousands. We spend an incredible amount of time manually weeding through our site inbox. We need to find a way to put a significantly improve this problem.

We were thinking of ideally a server solution that we can install, not hosted by someone other than MM, preferably no reoccurring monthly fees. Change current email account, and create an auto-response email for the old account directing them to website captcha contact us form.
            The Barracuda mentioned above is a good option as far as preventing your email from going in and out of some remote service you may not want seeing it, but it is an actual server so it has to be purchased and then hosted somewhere, including with us, so definitely has monthly costs associated. I wish I had better options on a *good* server-side anti-spam software solution that is also affordable.
            David Hubbard
            CIO
            Miva
            [email protected]
            http://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
            X