Don't require shipping in Miva 5.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't require shipping in Miva 5.5

I'm in the process of upgrading a Miva 4.24 store to 5.5. Without going into why, my client does not have the store calculate shipping. He uses simple credit card validation, then he contacts his customers with the full amount of their charge - with shipping - before he charges their cards. It's not how I would do it, but it's how he prefers to do it.

In Miva 4.24, there was a Settings tab where I could UNcheck "Require Shipping." But I'm having trouble finding that option in Miva 5.5. Can someone point me in the right direction for that?

Many thanks!

Re: Don't require shipping in Miva 5.5

I've asked support to chime in with the exact location (I think it's under Shipping Rules, which is under the Plus sign next to Shipping Settings).

But you'll find the the Reference Guide is VERY thorough, you should befriend it: www.mivamerchant.com/referenceguide
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

All orders require a shipping method and I'm unaware of a way to turn that off. The only similar setting in the admin that I know of allows you to skip shipping and payment selection if the order is free (all products in the basket have a price of $0), and that would be in the location Rick mentioned under Shipping Settings -> Shipping Rules.

Typically in this case you'd either create a Flat Rate shipping method called something like "Shipping Calculated After Order is Placed" with a fee of $0.00, or have no shipping methods and set up a Fallback Shipping Method to the same effect under Shipping Settings -> Shipping Rules.
      Kyle Newbrough
      Technical Support / Web Developer
      Miva Merchant

Comment

If anyone knows of a way to shut off shipping altogether, I'd appreciate the tip. He really doesn't want it showing a shipping fee of $0.00. He just wants no shipping charge displayed at all.

I just looked into his 4.24 Admin panel and he is using Bill W's Addendum module to let people tell him what type of shipping they prefer (UPS Ground, UPS Second Day, etc). Then he emails them the appropriate charge for their purchase using that shipping method, before billing their card. As I said, it's not how I would do it. But it's how he's comfortable, so I'm trying to accommodate.

Thanks,
        Scott

Originally posted by KNewbrough View Post
        All orders require a shipping method and I'm unaware of a way to turn that off. The only similar setting in the admin that I know of allows you to skip shipping and payment selection if the order is free (all products in the basket have a price of $0), and that would be in the location Rick mentioned under Shipping Settings -> Shipping Rules.

Typically in this case you'd either create a Flat Rate shipping method called something like "Shipping Calculated After Order is Placed" with a fee of $0.00, or have no shipping methods and set up a Fallback Shipping Method to the same effect under Shipping Settings -> Shipping Rules.

Comment

I don't think it's going to be possible to remove the shipping from the process altogether, but it would be possible to hide any mention of it from the customer by using a flat rate method and then modifying the relevant portions of the page on OSEL, OPAY, INVC and the Customer Order Confirmation Email.

1) Create a flat rate shipping method called "shipping" with a price of $0.

2) Edit the OSEL page and find this code:

Code:

<label for="ShippingMethod" class="bold">Ship Via:</label>
                                  <select name="ShippingMethod" class="textfield">
                                      <mvt:if expr="ISNULL l.settings:shippingmethods">
                                      <option value="">Unable to Calculate Shipping Costs</option>
                                      <mvt:else>
                                      <mvt:foreach array="shippingmethods" iterator="method">
                                          <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:method:price">
                                      <option value="&mvte:method:module;:&mvte:method:code;">&mvt:method:name; (&mvt:method:formatted_price;)</option>
                                          <mvt:else>
                                      <option value="&mvte:method:module;:&mvte:method:code;">&mvt:method:name;</option>
                                          </mvt:if>
                                      </mvt:foreach>
                                      </mvt:if>
                                  </select>
          Replace all of that with this:

Code:
          <input type="hidden" name="ShippingMethod" value="flatrate:shipping" />
          3) Edit OPAY, click the Basket Contents tab, scroll to the bottom and add the lines in red below to the existing code:

Code:

<mvt:foreach iterator="charge" array="basket:charges">
            <mvt:if expr="NOT ('shipping' CIN l.settings:charge:descrip)">
              <tr class="basket-charges">
                  <td colspan="2">&nbsp;</td>
                  <td class="charge-description">&mvt:charge:descrip;:</td>
                  <td class="formatted-charge">&mvt:charge:formatted_disp_amt;</td>
              </tr>
            <mvt:if>
          4) Repeat step 3 but on the INVC page this time.

5) Click Order Fulfillment Settings, then the Template Based Emails tab, and Edit Template to the right of Order Confirmation: Customer. Scroll to the bottom and modify the code near there to include the red text:

Code:
                          <td colspan="3" style="padding: 5px 20px 5px 20px; vertical-align: bottom; text-align: right;">                                                 <mvt:foreach iterator="charge" array="order:charges">
                                  &mvt:charge:descrip;:<br />

<h2 style="font-size: 16px; color: #5b639c; margin: 0;">Total:</h2>
                          </td>
                          <td style="padding: 5px 20px 5px 20px; vertical-align: bottom; text-align: right;">
                              <mvt:foreach iterator="charge" array="order:charges">
                                  &mvt:charge:formatted_disp_amt;<br />
                              <h2 style="font-size: 16px; color: #5b639c; margin: 0;">&mvt:order:formatted_total;</h2>
                          </td>
          You can do the same thing for the Order Confirmation: Merchant if the client would prefer.

Edit: Note you will need to make similar changes to the ORDS page if you plan to use it.
          Last edited by KNewbrough; 01-24-14, 02:53 PM.
          Kyle Newbrough
          Technical Support / Web Developer
          Miva Merchant

Comment

Working...
          X