Default Inventory Variant kit not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Inventory Variant kit not working

Sorry to bother you guys. Just started experimenting with kits.
    I create a new "kit" product
    I go to the Inventory variants tab
    I edit default variant and add a couple of parts

Whether I choose "sum of parts" or specific values, the price, weight and cost of the enveloping product are still 0 (zero).

I upgraded my engine to 5.12 and to the latest miva release.

What am I missing?

Help appreciated.
    Sam

Re: Default Inventory Variant kit not working

Are there any settings (besides inventory) that have to be turned on?
    Should I upgrade my engine?
    Should I have different libraries?
    Anything special on the product page? Items?
    I just cannot figure out why this feature does not work.

Comment

Sam,

The latest engine version is v5.19. That said, this is most likely not associated with your attribute/image machine not working how you are expecting. There are a number of template changes required to make these features work on an existing store that was built prior to the release of these features. There are also any number of ways to set this all up.

I know Miva Merchant has a number of videos and examples out there, however if you are not familiar Miva Merchant development and coding, this might be an undertaking best left to an experienced store integrator.

Comment

As far as I know, dynamic price/cost/weight on the product page only works for regular variants, and not for inventory kits. Those settings will work to modify the kit's price as expected, but that price is only visible after the item is added to the cart and doesn't update on the product page or other pages. It should be possible to get the desired functionality, but it would involve non-trivial custom development.
        Kyle Newbrough
        Technical Support / Web Developer
        Miva Merchant

Comment

Thanks Kyle,

It does seem a little bass ackwards or counter intuitive to know your price only after you put product into the cart. Its almost like having to go to the cashier at the supermarket to find the price of anything you would consider buying, but putting it back in the shelf if the price was not to your liking.

Of course one could put a fixed price on this. But then the fixed price does not react to any price changes on the components, and this is difficult to manage if you many kits.

Any way - thanks for your help
          Sam

Comment

Working...
          X