Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HTTP protocol level for MvCALL - 1.0 or 1.1

Originally posted by donb View Post
    I guess it is time to develop some kind of replacement for the MvCalls to PayPal. YUK! That certainly was not in my plans for this year.

DonB
    Year? How about month? That deadline is just a hair over a month away. If MivaMerchant doesn't get a new engine out quickly, there are going to be a LOT of merchants scrambling to find a replacement.

I'm already looking into how to create a PHP stand-alone script that does all the communications with PayPal that Empresa could call as needed.

Comment

For the record we're definitely not going to have this out before then. We're not even working on it until after Version 9 of Merchant ships.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Scott,
        Well I don't know where my brain was at but I posted this on the wrong thread so I'll try again here.

First let me say, I am not a php guru (more of a novice). One question I have is does php support http ver 1.1? Last spring I wrote a php script for communication with Sears because I could not get MvCall to work. My main problem with it is passing data back to miva. I ended up do the following:

1. I created a file containing the data I wanted to pass. Usually an xml file.

2. I created a pass file with the posting url and the name of the file to send. ( I did this because I could not figure out how to pass the data in my call)

3 I made a call to a php program on my server ( called with MvCall ) which in turn made the call. Whatever was returned from the call was then passed on to miva through the MvCall.

I attached a file that shows the process. It is not elegant but it does work. Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Thanks

PS. Since I first posted this on the wrong thread I heard fromKen Multer who wrote
        MvCALL takes any variables that you specify in the FIELDS attribute, converts them to the proper format, and includes them in the GET or POST. PHP has a standard variable, named something like $_REQUEST[], that will receive the data that's passed to it by a GET or POST. In some cases, these standard variables have to be enabled by the server config. If $_REQUEST is coming up empty, you might ask your hoster about that.
        If I can figure out how to get php to accept the data and if php uses http 1.1 then I may be close to a solution.
        Attached Files
        Don Barnett
        Farm & Home Supply Center

Comment

I've confirmed with PayPal that Miva has an extension on this issue through September 30th.

What I'm unable to confirm so far is the mechanism by which they're applying it. So with that said, use of our built in modules is safe but I'm waiting on clarification for anyone else.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

donb,

Thanks for posting that. I was thinking about going that route also, but unfortunately about 80% of my transactions are subscription based. So for all the one-time sales, I could use the external php file to be an intermediary. But with subscriptions, you tell PayPal where to contact you for follow up payments. So they would always call directly to paypal_ipn.mvc to try and tell me I have more money which would fail and I'd be forced to daily log into PayPal, find all the failed transactions and update my database manually. Not what I was hoping to do this year.

Rick,

Thank you for contacting PayPal. Let us know what we need to do so that everything keeps processing.

Comment

I know you guys are getting ready for the expo, but are there any updates to extending this change, or white-listing Miva Empresa users?

Thanks,

/Scott Mc

Comment

I've been unable to find out how they're going to whitelist, but I assume it'll be via our BN Code (which is our partner code to trigger payout), so likely it won't help Empresa users.
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

Rick,

I just wanted to confirm that when you say Miva you are talking about empressa and not Merchant and that the built in modules that you refer to are the mvcall tags.

Thanks

Don
                  Don Barnett
                  Farm & Home Supply Center

Comment

Don,

I'm not sure what you mean. As of now when I say Miva has been given a reprieve I mean the built in modules, but I've been unable to find out from PayPal how they're actually administering this, so I can't predict if it will extend to anyone using Empresa.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Hi Rick

Has there been any further news about this update? I finally have a working php module I can drop in, but I'd rather not need to do a bunch of re-configuring if I can help it.

Thanks

Comment

I do have an update and at a high level you should be fine until 9/30. Email me for more details.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

This should apply to you as well Don.
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

Good news, PayPal just publicly changed the official date to November 1st.

Feedback from our merchants across the world is important to us. We have heard from several merchants and partners that more time is needed to prepare for the updates to our API endpoints.

As such, this event which was initially scheduled for March 25 has been postponed. The new date will be later this year before our moratorium which starts November 1. However, we ask that you continue with a sense of urgency with making any necessary changes as outlined below to be ready for this event. Please continue to work with PayPal Merchant Technical Services at www.paypal.com/mts or your PayPal point of contact to let us know when you are ready for this change.

We are committed to ensuring our customers experience the benefits of this change including robust performance, increased security, and latency improvements for mobile and web-based API transactions, while also ensuring minimal disruption to our customers.

Your partnership is important to us and we appreciate the effort to determine the impact of this change and coordinate with us on readiness.

Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                            X