Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Sourcing my modules

Hello all,

I'm going to be opening the source up of my modules.

Currently, I only have two up there. I'm going to see how this goes over with the community. If there's positive feedback from this, then I'll continue to open the source of more modules.

The two modules I've chosen to release are PCI Net Actions and Faceted Search.

PCI Net Actions is a work that aims to (for the most part) turn Miva Merchant into SaaS. PCI Net Actions has some pretty good concepts involved with it (chaining) as well as offering a lot of heavy lifting when it comes to performing powerful actions. From what I remember when I last messed with it, it also has the ability to edit product attributes of a product in the basket.

Faceted Search is exactly what it sounds like, with a good amount of jQuery/JavaScript on the admin. This has lots of neat examples of doing AJAX from the admin while still keeping things secure by checking admin sessions and cookies. It also has a neat little history behind it too.

If you do something with the modules, please show it off! Set up a demo so we can play with it.

If you want the source to a module that I've written that isn't opened yet, please feel free to PM, call or email me.

https://bitbucket.org/timothybolton

All repos are on bitbucket.org. You may need to create a new account to have access to them.

xoxo,

Tim Bolton

P.S. Other modules that I've written are: PCI Net Tokens, PCI Net Item Loader, SEO Analysis, Google Analytics Reports (pulls in Google Analytics directly to the admin area), Miva Sitemap XML.
    PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
    We built the most Miva Merchant stores!
    Miva shopping cart design & integration service and our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
    web: www.pcinet.com

"We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals."
    Quarry Worker's Creed

Re: Open Sourcing my modules

Tim:

Once again, kudos for this generous effort!

I'm still digging out of a mini-backlog so I haven't gotten much chance to do anything but remove the licensing bits so they would compile and install. Looks like some cool techniques in there. I'm looking forward to seeing how you do the AJAX stuff since that is my current white whale.

One thing I spotted right away was the use of checksums to compare two templates. It's obvious now, but it didn't even occur to me before.

Much more later!
    Gordon Currie
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Gordon. Always appreciated. (:

I just realized that there are a couple of licensing issues in the source, and I've momentarily made the repos private. They'll be back up and running once I get that ironed out on my end.
      PCINET, LLC

Quarry Worker's Creed

Comment

Hey all,

Repos should be back opened. (:
        PCINET, LLC

Quarry Worker's Creed

Comment

Working...
        X