How do I get rid of the old UPS module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get rid of the old UPS module?

I would like to remove the old UPS module and use the new one. But when I try to Unassign the "UPS Domestic Shipping Calculator (Discontinued)" module on the Shipping Settings Screen, I get the following error "Module 'UPS Domestic Shipping Calculator (Discontinued)' is in use by one or more orders, and cannot be removed."

How do I find which orders are using it and what do I do about it?

Do I need to make changes to the 'OSEL' page before I can unassign the module?
    Paul
    www.Bakedjustforyou.com

Re: How do I get rid of the old UPS module?

You can deactivate the module itself pretty easily. Expand Global Settings in the lefthand menu, then click on Modules. Hit Ctr+F and search for the name of the module in question, and when you find it click Edit to the right of it. Uncheck the Active checkbox and click Update.

This completely disables the module while also retaining your settings should you ever need to reactivate it in the future.
    Kyle Newbrough
    Technical Support / Web Developer
    Miva Merchant

Comment

PaulM,

You can leave the module assigned to Shipping Settings since the module is tied to orders within the store. My suggestion would be to remove the available methods being offered by the module if you haven't done so already. Open a ticket with support if you run into any other questions about deselecting the methods or to remove the module from the store.
      Wayne Smith

Comment

I am unable to remove the UPS module. I unassigned from the pages the 'message' gave me. See attached image, if it uploaded.ups.jpg
        Last edited by doakh; 01-26-15, 03:30 PM.
        Doak Heggeness
        Web Developer | Certified Miva Merchant Developer

Comment

Originally posted by doakh View Post
          I am unable to remove the UPS module. I unassigned from the pages the 'message' gave me. See attached image, if it uploaded.[ATTACH=CONFIG]913[/ATTACH]

Hello,

In your admin (assuming you're on Miva 9) Go to Menu >> Store Settings >> and look for the box labeled

" Allow modules used by store morph items to be uninstalled."

and check that box and click update. If you're not on Miva 9, click on the store name on the left hand navigation and click on the settings tab and you'll find the same box, check it and click update. This will let you unassign the module from shipping settings. Let us know if you run into any issues.

Regards,
          Rafael Buelna
          Miva Support Engineer
          800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
          http://www.miva.com
          http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

Thanks, that did it. I activated the 'Flat Rate Shipping' module, but it will not allow me to add a 'shipping method'. Miva 9.

flat-rate.jpg
            Last edited by doakh; 01-26-15, 04:20 PM.
            Doak Heggeness

Comment

Solved!
              Doak Heggeness

Comment

Working...
              X