Miva Code Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Code Editor

I am not sure from reading the forums whether a Miva Dreamweaver plugin exists anymore - I haven't been able to find it though there are references to it here and there. If not then does anyone use a code editor that perhaps has color coding for Miva tags? I know some editors allow you to add language support to color other programming languages.

I sometimes paste code into Dreamweaver just to be able to search, count tags, formatting etc and the color tags is helpful visually but now and again certain Miva tags - like the html profile- confuse Dreamweaver and it moves them out of sequence so I would rather use something that is familiar with Miva tags.
    Last edited by habreu; 04-03-14, 01:56 PM.

Re: Miva Code Editor

Not a code editor but notepad++ http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ does a good job of highlighting tags (or any other words in your code). It does nothing to "fix" your code it just helps you to find your coding mistakes. It is also free.
    Bill Dunn
    SunCam, Inc.
    http://www.SunCam.com
    [email protected]

Comment

NotePad++ and TextPad both have 'mivascript' syntax highlighting libraries already built. Although, I think you are referring to SMT code (AKA <mvt:if> etc.)

These are pretty similar, so you could copy those entries, change the ones you need and add them to the basic HTML syntax library.

Also, as text editors, you can use FF "itsalltext" plugin or "textAnywhere" PC utility to use a keystroke combo to open any textarea in the selected editor of choice.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

I have been using NotePad++ for a while but usually just the basic tools. I'll have to read about those libraries. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X