Using Miva store as a credit card terminal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Miva store as a credit card terminal

I have some colleagues that will be attending trade shows and were wondering if there were a way to easily process a credit card through Miva Merchant. I've used Phone Order Manager in the past, but am now looking for something much simpler. All we want to enter is the Amount and Credit Card information. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Re: Using Miva store as a credit card terminal

PayPal reader or Square attached to a cell phone or tablet?
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Something like PayPal Go or Square are the fastest ways to collect the money, but they don't (currently) link to Miva.

If using the admin is more important, then just running a phone order via Admin is the best choice.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you both for your quick replies. I have PayPal Here and Square, but for some proprietary reasons, we'd like to use our Miva store. The issue I see with the Admin is that it requires me to select products and enter customer information. I need something that looks as simple as PayPal virtual merchant...which only requires the amount and credit card information be entered. Same info that a standard credit card terminal would require. Thanks.

Comment

You can use it like a cc terminal (we do it all the time) without adding product info.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

You could probably create a custom "page" in merchant to do this. You can add work-arounds to the required data. However, pretty sure you need at least the customers name/zip/state to get validation.
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

I'd create a new product priced at $0.01 or $1.00 and just charge them the quantity (you need to stay in full integers) you want. We have a "miscellaneous charge" (not assigned to any category) on our site that we use when we need to charge the customer for something like extra shipping after the order is placed. You can call it what you like.

I concur with Bruce that you will need a minimum quantity of data inputs for validation on Miva and if the customer doesn't get the card's billing zip code it will likely fail. Why not just swipe on a simple unit and note the Miva Order number for later reconciling.
              Last edited by Keitho; 04-13-14, 07:12 PM.
              Keith Oratz
              PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
              www.preparesmart.com

Comment

This may not be the answer you're looking for, but when we did a recent trade show I just used our website as if I were the customer, and completed check-out right there with them. Yes, it takes a couple of minutes, but it's kind of a nice professional touch when they receive a legitimate invoice in their inbox.
                Dylan Buchfink
                The Mattress & Sleep Company
                http://www.tmasc.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                  You can use it like a cc terminal (we do it all the time) without adding product info.
                  Rick, is this accomplished through "Manage Order" and "New Order," or is there somewhere else in the admin I should be looking?

Comment

Thank you all for all of the feedback. We'll certainly allow our customers to use our storefront to make purchases, but when very busy, we'd like to check-out customers as quickly as possible. A traditional terminal, and even virtual merchant, only require amount, credit card type, cc number and expiration. I was hoping to recreate that very simple checkout process.

Comment

Jim,

Yes through Manage Orders, New Order you can simply Authorize a charge. If your AVS Settings are set for it, it won't care that there's no address data. And you can choose to go back later and add details if you want (or not).
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                      X