WYSIWYG Probably redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WYSIWYG Probably redux

Is there any intent on having this incorporated in 9? When I hear that useability is a huge focus, I think about text areas and how many times my clients have to use <br> and <ul> in their day.

I note that the mivacentral module for this feature is pretty heavily discounted right now. I'd love to buy it for a client who balked about the price compared to the benefit in the past, but if it's going to be incorporated in Miva 9 it could make me look stupid for recommending it today, which can make me lose a client tomorrow.

Thanks,

Mike
    Last edited by AbleMike; 04-23-14, 12:51 PM.

Re: WYSIWYG Probably redux

Not in the initial release of Version 9, but we are going to be adding a Rich Text Editor fairly early in the Version 9 life cycle to make editing things like Product Description easier for a non coder.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
      Not in the initial release of Version 9, but we are going to be adding a Rich Text Editor fairly early in the Version 9 life cycle to make editing things like Product Description easier for a non coder.
      I'm torn Rick. Your speedy reply is well received and appreciated. I think I'll buy it though, I've no idea when 9 will drop. I look forward to it natively though.

Comment

Version 9 will ship in Q3 (later Q3). My guess is this type of WYSIWYG stuff will be done by Spring next year.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
          Version 9 will ship in Q3 (later Q3). My guess is this type of WYSIWYG stuff will be done by Spring next year.
          By rich text editor, are you talking about what is used in wordpress and in the forums here?? PLEASE, PLEASE DO THIS SOON! It is so hard to explain to people they need to learn html when they are used to pressing buttons, me included! I had a blog post up about a project in seconds flat, and here I sit two hours later trying to get all of my italics, bolds, paragraphs, etc. in the right place.

Comment

Maybe have a global On/OFF switch...but your fighting a losing battle lea-ann...
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X