This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Merchant Marketplaces 1.000 Support Thread

Please post any questions about Miva Merchant Marketplaces 1.0000 here in this thread.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Re: Miva Merchant Marketplaces 1.000 Support Thread

Rick - can you import/export product feeds for Ebay via flatfile?
    Sabine Sharp
    eCommerce Strategies & Solutions
    Glendale Designs
    Support Desk

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
      Please post any questions about Miva Merchant Marketplaces 1.0000 here in this thread.
      With the Listing Type set to Fixed Price, the maximum Listing Duration is 10. We need 30 days and GTC (Good til Cancelled).

Store categories on eBay would need to be addressed. Need to be able to add to 2 eBay store categories. This is different than the eBay category the product is listing in. Ours are different from the categories in our Miva store.

When trying to submit an item, received an error 717. Message: The package weight is not valid or is missing. Provide a valid number for the weight. On the Product Tab, the weight is set at 8.0.

How is shipping handled for the listing? We are updating our listings on eBay to offer free shipping, but we still denote the method of shipment (FedEx Ground or Priority Mail. We also add a surcharge for Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.

I'm so glad that you've developed this.

Thanks,

Dave Bosely

Comment

With the Listing Type set to Fixed Price, the maximum Listing Duration is 10. We need 30 days and GTC (Good til Cancelled).
        This is now a known bug and will be fixed in the next release.

Store categories on eBay would need to be addressed. Need to be able to add to 2 eBay store categories. This is different than the eBay category the product is listing in. Ours are different from the categories in our Miva store.
        This will also be fixed in the next release.

When trying to submit an item, received an error 717. Message: The package weight is not valid or is missing. Provide a valid number for the weight. On the Product Tab, the weight is set at 8.0.

How is shipping handled for the listing? We are updating our listings on eBay to offer free shipping, but we still denote the method of shipment (FedEx Ground or Priority Mail. We also add a surcharge for Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
        I'll ask Dev to jump in on these 2.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi Dave,

I'm one of the developers of the module.

For the detail you created, do you have "Calculated Shipping Policy" checked under "Shipping Policy" dropdown?

Shipment rules and types (free/calculated) are all handled using the shipping business policies on eBay. You can create a shipping policy that uses the methods FedEx Ground or Priority Mail and then check the box next to it that says "Free Shipping." I believe this is what you are looking for? You will then select the appropriate shipping policy in the dropdown option when adding/editing a Detail in Miva Merchant.

I am not seeing a way to add a surcharge for certain locations. Where in eBay do you do this? Could you possibly provide screenshots on what it looks like on you end right now so we can have a better understanding.

Thank you

David
          David Carver
          Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by dcarver View Post
            Hi Dave,

I'm one of the developers of the module.

For the detail you created, do you have "Calculated Shipping Policy" checked under "Shipping Policy" dropdown?

I'm assuming that you're referring to the Marketplace-eBay Listing Settings tab in the store. If so, there isn't a Shipping Policy dropdown.

Shipment rules and types (free/calculated) are all handled using the shipping business policies on eBay. You can create a shipping policy that uses the methods FedEx Ground or Priority Mail and then check the box next to it that says "Free Shipping." I believe this is what you are looking for? You will then select the appropriate shipping policy in the dropdown option when adding/editing a Detail in Miva Merchant.

We are not currently opted into the Business Policies on eBay. On the eBay Sell Your Item form, we select FedEx Ground from the droplist, enter a value of 0.00 for cost, and 0.00 for additional. Then we check the box for Free Shipping.

I am not seeing a way to add a surcharge for certain locations. Where in eBay do you do this? Could you possibly provide screenshots on what it looks like on you end right now so we can have a better understanding.

I have a screen capture of the shipping section (domestic), but don't see how to attach it.

Also it came to mind, you need a handling time droplist for the item.

Thank you

David
            Thanks,

Dave

Comment

When I tried uploading a listing I received a message "Dimensions must not be 0". I hope there is a way around this as we do not use shipping dimensions on the website only at the time of shipping the order to the customer. The reason for this is over 90% of our customers order multiple items so trying to guess package dimensions for a single item is troublesome at best.

Thanks in advance.
              Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
              (770) 441-9447
              The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
              http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Comment

Originally posted by slabar View Post
                When I tried uploading a listing I received a message "Dimensions must not be 0". I hope there is a way around this as we do not use shipping dimensions on the website only at the time of shipping the order to the customer. The reason for this is over 90% of our customers order multiple items so trying to guess package dimensions for a single item is troublesome at best.

Thanks in advance.
                Hi Stephen,

Do you use calculated or flat rate shipping on eBay? How does your listing flow normally work in terms of how you define shipping methods on eBay.

If you are using a flat rate shipping method, you can edit the detail you created and unchecked the "Calculated Shipping Policy" checkbox. That would remove the "Dimesions must not be 0" error message.

Let me know if this helps at all or if you have more questions.

Thank you
                David Carver

Comment

David,

Thanks for the fast reply. I am new to eBay as of this module so I am unable to answer the normal work flow question.

I did setup eBay to use actual UPS rates if that helps. I do not wish to use Flat Shipping Rates but can possibly if there's no other work around for it.

Also does the SKU field need to be entered or will it automatically default to Product Code? My SKU's on my website and Amazon.com are my Product Code and I really do not want to have to edit each just to match the SKU.

Also where/how can I input my UPC codes?

Thanks in advance.
                  Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
                  (770) 441-9447
                  The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
                  http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Comment

Originally posted by slabar View Post
                    David,

Thanks for the fast reply. I am new to eBay as of this module so I am unable to answer the normal work flow question.

I did setup eBay to use actual UPS rates if that helps. I do not wish to use Flat Shipping Rates but can possibly if there's no other work around for it.

Also does the SKU field need to be entered or will it automatically default to Product Code? My SKU's on my website and Amazon.com are my Product Code and I really do not want to have to edit each just to match the SKU.

Thanks in advance.
                    Hi Stephen,

We're new to eBay too and know many people use it many different ways so it's always good to get feedback on it.

How did you configure your eBay settings to use UPS? Are you using shipping policies or when you create a listing, do you select UPS shipping method? Regardless, if you are selecting a calculated shipping policy, does eBay not require you to list the items shipping dimensions and weigh?

The SKU field for item settings is optional. If the value is not set when a listing is created, we default to the product code.

Once you have your account linked and a detail configured, you can go to the eBay Listing Settings tab for each product and set the "Item Lookup" value. This is only ideal if you have a commonly sold product (across different merchants) and want to use the default information eBay has saved in their catalog for the product. In addition, the value can be set through provisioning.

Let me know if this helps at all or if you have more questions.

Thank you
                    David Carver

Comment

New to ebay here as well

FWIW, it appears if you have an existing Ebay seller account, to create a sandbox account first you create a developer account under your seller ID, then you create a sandbox account which will look like TESTUSER_yoursellername

Else you get an error. Neither your Ebay seller account nor your developer account will work when setting up sandbox

Comment

Originally posted by dutch View Post
                        New to ebay here as well

FWIW, it appears if you have an existing Ebay seller account, to create a sandbox account first you create a developer account under your seller ID, then you create a sandbox account which will look like TESTUSER_yoursellername

Else you get an error. Neither your Ebay seller account nor your developer account will work when setting up sandbox
                        This is correct. We will add this to the documentation. You need a sandbox account to use the sandbox environment. "Normal" eBay accounts can only be linked to the production environment. This should be noted, this is a limitation on eBay's part not Miva Merchants.
                        David Carver

Comment

In sandbox environment, I tried to add shipping policy but ebay site said "feature not available". So I switched to production environment, I figure I'm experimenting so no harm.

1- I tried to go to My ebay and "add shipping policy". But my screen looks different than documentation. I don't understand that; can't seem to find on ebay.
                          2- I thought maybe my policies were set up already because I had an existing ebay (albeit dormant) seller account. I moved to "marketplace ebay listing detail" section on documentation, on miva, I get a bunch of drop down shipping options with cryptic numbers. What's with that?

ebay_shipping_policies_on_miva.JPGebay_seller_policies.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by dutch View Post
                            In sandbox environment, I tried to add shipping policy but ebay site said "feature not available". So I switched to production environment, I figure I'm experimenting so no harm.

1- I tried to go to My ebay and "add shipping policy". But my screen looks different than documentation. I don't understand that; can't seem to find on ebay.
                            2- I thought maybe my policies were set up already because I had an existing ebay (albeit dormant) seller account. I moved to "marketplace ebay listing detail" section on documentation, on miva, I get a bunch of drop down shipping options with cryptic numbers. What's with that?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]736[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]735[/ATTACH]
                            It appears that eBay has gone ahead and named policies that were used for previous listings. I would imagine if you could get to the Business Policies section you would see those names there. Can you get to http://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage? We have had feedback from people that said they had not been opt-in to business policies yet. If that's the case for you, we're looking into it.

Edit: Sandbox Business Policies: http://www.bizpolicy.sandbox.ebay.co...spolicy/manage

Hope this helps. Thanks
                            Last edited by dcarver; 04-29-14, 10:53 AM.
                            David Carver

Comment

looks like only certain accounts get business policies

shipping_policy_nogo.JPG

See image.

Before I get too deep in this, my store has over 200,000 items. Is there a mass import option where I can mass import the items I want to list on ebay?

Comment

Working...
                              X