This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant Marketplaces 1.000 Support Thread

I'll take my chances on the shipping policies. I figure I can experiment and deduce the codes.
    Anyway, I set up everything else now getting this

eBay Response Error
    Account: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Error: 717
    Message: The package weight is not valid or is missing. Provide a valid number for the weight.

Yet I have weight on my product in miva?

Comment

Originally posted by dutch View Post
      looks like only certain accounts get business policies

[ATTACH=CONFIG]737[/ATTACH]

See image.

Before I get too deep in this, my store has over 200,000 items. Is there a mass import option where I can mass import the items I want to list on ebay?
      We have opened a ticket with eBay to see what requirements there are for sellers to opt-in to Business Policies.

We do have provisioning setup for import. What values would you be importing? Can you give me an example, I should be able to put together a mock provisioning file for you.
      David Carver
      Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

I'll take my chances on the shipping policies. I figure I can experiment and deduce the codes.
        Anyway, I set up everything else now getting this

eBay Response Error
        Account: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Error: 717
        Message: The package weight is not valid or is missing. Provide a valid number for the weight.

Yet I have weight on my product in miva?
        It sounds like you selected a calculated shipping policy, but do not have the "Calculated Shipping Policy" checkbox checked on the detail you created. Try checking that checkbox and re-listing and let us know if that helps at all.

Thanks
        David Carver

Comment

Originally posted by dcarver View Post
          It sounds like you selected a calculated shipping policy, but do not have the "Calculated Shipping Policy" checkbox checked on the detail you created. Try checking that checkbox and re-listing and let us know if that helps at all.

Thanks
          Now I get shipping dimension must be greater than 0. I'm guessing it needs LxWxH for that particular shipping rule. I don't have LxWxH on all my items, that's a nightmare project for another day/lifetime.

At this point I'm going to wait until the shipping policy thing is cleared else I'm spinning my wheels by guessing on these numbered policies. I googled the policy numbers but couldn't find anything either. Only thing I could figure was that each of those digits means something, maybe it's like that....
          Last edited by dutch; 04-29-14, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Now I get shipping dimension must be greater than 0. I'm guessing it needs LxWxH for that particular shipping rule. I don't have LxWxH on all my items, that's a nightmare project for another day/lifetime.

At this point I'm going to wait until the shipping policy thing is cleared else I'm spinning my wheels by guessing on these numbered policies. I googled the policy numbers but couldn't find anything either. Only thing I could figure was that each of those digits means something, maybe it's like that....
            Yes when using a calculated shipping policy, a package weight must be set, in addition to setting the product shipping dimensions. This is what allows the shipping method you selected to give an estimated shipping cost.

I will let you know more when we here back from eBay about the Business Policies.

Thanks
            David Carver

Comment

*** Answered: Had to be in Production mode ***

Hi there,

I haven't gotten as far as some of these folks. I'm in the installation of the module phase. When I go to

Store Utility Settings > Marketplace - eBay Accounts > Add Account > Retrieve Account, I do receive the window to Retrieve Account and when I select it the sign in window to eBay pops up fine but it will not accept my login credentials. I tried outside and it logs into eBay just fine.

If I close out of the window there is a Yes or No box that asks "Did you grant application access". If I click yes, I get the following error message:

eBay response error

Error: 21916017
              Message: The end user has not completed Auth & Auth sign in flow.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
              Tom
              Last edited by tomig; 05-02-14, 12:37 PM. Reason: Answered

Comment

Originally posted by tomig View Post
                Hi there,

I haven't gotten as far as some of these folks. I'm in the installation of the module phase. When I go to

Store Utility Settings > Marketplace - eBay Accounts > Add Account > Retrieve Account, I do receive the window to Retrieve Account and when I select it the sign in window to eBay pops up fine but it will not accept my login credentials. I tried outside and it logs into eBay just fine.

If I close out of the window there is a Yes or No box that asks "Did you grant application access". If I click yes, I get the following error message:

eBay response error

Error: 21916017
                Message: The end user has not completed Auth & Auth sign in flow.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
                Tom
                Hi Tom,

Are you attempting to use a sandbox or production account? In order to use a sandbox account you must be registered for a developer account and have created a sandbox test account. Does this sound like your issue possibly?
                David Carver

Comment

Hi Tom,

Are you attempting to use a sandbox or production account? In order to use a sandbox account you must be registered for a developer account and have created a sandbox test account. Does this sound like your issue possibly?
                  You are correct David! Thank you!

Comment

Hi.

Regarding Business Policies, I was having the same problem - it did not show in my account drop down. And the MIVA listing wouldn't fill in those three items. After much searching, I called eBay and she put me on hold and when she came back, she said I needed to have one product live. So I added a product and the MIVA listing accepted the shipping, payment and returns policies I had set up for the product.

She did tell me that Business Policies would then how up in my account - but it didn't. But for now, this works for me. I probably need to try another call to them. Fortunately all my product policies are the same.

Tom

Comment

Just to follow up on Business Policies, I made another call and was told that they are opting people in in batches to get that option added to the Account tab (eBay has a new policy regarding Business Policies), high volume people are getting opted in first and it will take quite a while as there are "millions of people" she said. She was going to make a note on our account that we were interested in getting it sooner than later, but we'll see.

Comment

I had success posting a product to eBay via the plugin. All was correct for what I entered (pending GTC - Good til cancelled you mentioned was coming in later release).

Questions:

We sell t-shirts and other clothing. Manually, in eBay, I can enter drop down attributes (M, L, XL, XXL) and colors (white, black). Will this be an option and if so, will it link to the inventory in my store automatically?

When I added the tee shirt, it asked me for the quantity in the MIVA plugin and I would have to decide what size (one only) and enter my own quantity to sell?

Additionally I can add more than one photo when doing it in the store.

Looking forward to future updates!

Comment

Originally posted by tomig View Post
                          Hi.

Regarding Business Policies, I was having the same problem - it did not show in my account drop down. And the MIVA listing wouldn't fill in those three items. After much searching, I called eBay and she put me on hold and when she came back, she said I needed to have one product live. So I added a product and the MIVA listing accepted the shipping, payment and returns policies I had set up for the product.

She did tell me that Business Policies would then how up in my account - but it didn't. But for now, this works for me. I probably need to try another call to them. Fortunately all my product policies are the same.

Tom
                          Hi Tom,

We have opened up a support ticket with eBay to find out who has Business Policies enabled. Once we find out more information we'll let you know.

Glad you got it working.

Thanks
                          David Carver

Comment

Hi,

I have to think that most people on eBay have not opted into the Business Policies, so effectively we're dead in the water on this module. I called eBay to see if we could be invited or if the rep could get it enabled. Was told they would submit our request, but the rep couldn't do it. It's been a couple weeks now and nothing. Still waiting.

We're TRS and have good scores, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

When will a new release of this module be available? Will notification automatically be sent or do we request it?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Tom,

We have opened up a support ticket with eBay to find out who has Business Policies enabled. Once we find out more information we'll let you know.

Glad you got it working.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dbosely View Post
                              Hi,

I have to think that most people on eBay have not opted into the Business Policies, so effectively we're dead in the water on this module. I called eBay to see if we could be invited or if the rep could get it enabled. Was told they would submit our request, but the rep couldn't do it. It's been a couple weeks now and nothing. Still waiting.

We're TRS and have good scores, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

When will a new release of this module be available? Will notification automatically be sent or do we request it?

Thanks,

Dave
                              Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear you couldn't get setup with policies, we may have to go another route if that's the case. We're still in communications with eBay on the best step to take.

We're hoping for another release in the new few weeks. This release will feature variations support as well as a few other minor additions. We'll email everyone again and let them know.

Thanks
                              David Carver

Comment

I have had great success using this module, so far. I was lucky and when I created my eBay account last year I was able to add the 'Business Policies' feature to it.

Installation went smoothly, and the documentation helped a lot. I was able to insert my first item into eBay using the module.

A couple of minor issues I have noticed so far are:
                                • The listing fee that the Miva Marketplace module quoted when creating the listing was incorrect (I have a Premium eBay store Subscription). I could verify the incorrect listing fee by manually reviewing my fees from within my eBay account.
                                • When I created the eBay listing using the Miva Marketplace module, the 'Item Specifics' (located within the 'Marketplace - eBay Listing Settings' tab on the Product page) did not transfer to eBay for my test product.

Overall, I am very happy with this module and its possibilities.

Thank you!
                                Last edited by elcucococo; 05-21-14, 01:24 PM.
                                Carlos Rivera - Web Developer
                                Haddrell's Point Tackle - haddrellspoint.com

Comment

Working...
                                X