X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant Marketplaces 1.000 Support Thread

Originally posted by dutch View Post
    Before I get too deep in this, my store has over 200,000 items. Is there a mass import option where I can mass import the items I want to list on ebay?
    Ebay is a little different than Amazon, in this respect. Ebay enacts seller limits on all accounts, especially newer ones. This means you can only list up to 250 items, initially, and up to $20,000 in total goods when first opening an eBay store. You should keep this in mind as you begin to add products.

Also, there is a helpful add-on within eBay itself, called File Exchange, that you can use to bulk upload listings via CSV. It is still privy to the seller limitations mentioned above.

File Exchange is useful for me because I refresh my Miva store's inventory daily due to multiple sales channels.
    Carlos Rivera - Web Developer
    Haddrell's Point Tackle - haddrellspoint.com

Comment

I had a couple products w/ images that I tried to upload which were 400 x 400 so eBay rejected the listings. I have since fixed the product images to be a minimum 500 x 500 and updated the eBay Listing Settings. However, I am still receiving an error message: Buyers love large photos that clearly show the item so please upload high-resolution photos that are at least 500 pixels on the longest side.

I have even deleted the images, saved the product, added the images again, saved the product, updated eBay Listing Settings and still receive the error.

Any ideas?
      Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
      (770) 441-9447
      The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
      http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Comment

This means you can only list up to 250 items, initially
        I've seen some people claim that eBay is currently listing brand new accounts to 10 items, not 250. So it's worth testing with best sellers and building a track record IMO.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Rick,

Your post is 100% correct that the limitations are much lower. I was never on eBay until this module and when I set up my account initially I was at 5 items or $500 dollars. I had them vet my business, trademarks, etc. and then they vastly increased my monthly allowance to 500 items and $25k.
          Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
          (770) 441-9447
          The Martial Arts Store

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
            I've seen some people claim that eBay is currently listing brand new accounts to 10 items, not 250. So it's worth testing with best sellers and building a track record IMO.
            Rick, you are correct. I apologize for quoting 250. It is indeed 10 items. Sorry everybody.

However, it was not very long thereafter they raised limit to 250.

Comment

I would like to report that today Miva Marketplace module imported an eBay order from another eBay seller into my Miva store's orders. Curiously, I do not have this module setup to 'Import Orders'.

This order is not showing up in my eBay store. The usual Miva Merchant order notification emails were not sent either.

I opened up ticket with Miva Merchant Support to advise on this.

Also, I noticed slow website loading and a few 'Internal Server Error' warnings on my website and the Miva Admin this morning (see attached).

Thanks
              Attached Files
              Last edited by elcucococo; 05-22-14, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomig View Post
                I had success posting a product to eBay via the plugin. All was correct for what I entered (pending GTC - Good til cancelled you mentioned was coming in later release).

Questions:

We sell t-shirts and other clothing. Manually, in eBay, I can enter drop down attributes (M, L, XL, XXL) and colors (white, black). Will this be an option and if so, will it link to the inventory in my store automatically?

When I added the tee shirt, it asked me for the quantity in the MIVA plugin and I would have to decide what size (one only) and enter my own quantity to sell?

Additionally I can add more than one photo when doing it in the store.

Looking forward to future updates!
                Hi Tom,

Variations will be support in the next beta version we release. Currently you could only have individual listings for a product. In addition, inventory will be allocated when a listing is posted for all your variations if that is how you have your eBay settings configured within the module.

Hope this helps
                David Carver
                Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by elcucococo View Post
                  I have had great success using this module, so far. I was lucky and when I created my eBay account last year I was able to add the 'Business Policies' feature to it.

Installation went smoothly, and the documentation helped a lot. I was able to insert my first item into eBay using the module.

A couple of minor issues I have noticed so far are:
                  • The listing fee that the Miva Marketplace module quoted when creating the listing was incorrect (I have a Premium eBay store Subscription). I could verify the incorrect listing fee by manually reviewing my fees from within my eBay account.
                  • When I created the eBay listing using the Miva Marketplace module, the 'Item Specifics' (located within the 'Marketplace - eBay Listing Settings' tab on the Product page) did not transfer to eBay for my test product.

Overall, I am very happy with this module and its possibilities.

Thank you!
                  Hi Carlos,

I'm glad you've been able to get the Business Policies to work.

As far as the incorrect listing fees, we have considered adding a logging area that will log every fee eBay returns to us that way each fee can be looked at individually. I'm not sure which release this would be a part of, but we'll look into how those fees could be different. eBay does state in their documentation that the fees that are displayed could be subject to change and would not become final until the listing has ended. Maybe that was the issue? How far off were the fees?

As far as the item specifics issue I have not been able to reproduce the problem. If item specifics exist we will always send them. Maybe eBay did not display them for some reason? Did you happen to list a product with a found ISBN/UPC?

Let us know if you have anymore questions!

Thanks
                  David Carver

Comment

Originally posted by elcucococo View Post
                    I would like to report that today Miva Marketplace module imported an eBay order from another eBay seller into my Miva store's orders. Curiously, I do not have this module setup to 'Import Orders'.

This order is not showing up in my eBay store. The usual Miva Merchant order notification emails were not sent either.

I opened up ticket with Miva Merchant Support to advise on this.

Also, I noticed slow website loading and a few 'Internal Server Error' warnings on my website and the Miva Admin this morning (see attached).

Thanks
                    Hi Carlos,

Can you go deeper into detail about what you mean by "another eBay seller" order was imported into your store? This would be an interesting situation. In addition, just to clarify, you have your eBay settings set to "Do Not Import eBay Orders?"

As far as the internal server errors go, I'm sure support can help you with that issue.

Thanks
                    David Carver

Comment

Originally posted by dcarver View Post
                      eBay does state in their documentation that the fees that are displayed could be subject to change and would not become final until the listing has ended. Maybe that was the issue? How far off were the fees?

As far as the item specifics issue I have not been able to reproduce the problem. If item specifics exist we will always send them. Maybe eBay did not display them for some reason? Did you happen to list a product with a found ISBN/UPC?
                      Yes, I believe that was the issue. The Miva quoted the fees as $0.20 per inserted item. Ebay did not charge.

I am glad you were not able to reproduce the problem. Probably a user error on my part, then. :) The item I was listing could not be found using the UPC item search.

Thank you for all your help, David
                      Last edited by elcucococo; 05-22-14, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dcarver View Post
                        Can you go deeper into detail about what you mean by "another eBay seller" order was imported into your store? In addition, just to clarify, you have your eBay settings set to "Do Not Import eBay Orders?"
                        Certainly. I do not want to give away the other eBay seller's profile name, for security reasons, but I received their order for a plush anime toy doll, and we are a tackle shop with not a toy in sight. :)

I was able to pull up their listing in eBay to match it with the order I have in my Miva store currently.

Yes, you are correct, my eBay settings are set to "Do Not Import eBay Orders".

Let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks for your help.
                        Last edited by elcucococo; 05-22-14, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I do not see where we can add to eBay motors. Is this something that is going to be fixed?

Greg

Comment

Not sure if this was missed as there have been no replies so I wanted to repost it.

--------------------------------------------
                            I had a couple products w/ images that I tried to upload which were 400 x 400 so eBay rejected the listings. I have since fixed the product images to be a minimum 500 x 500 and updated the eBay Listing Settings. However, I am still receiving an error message: Buyers love large photos that clearly show the item so please upload high-resolution photos that are at least 500 pixels on the longest side.

I have even deleted the images, saved the product, added the images again, saved the product, updated eBay Listing Settings and still receive the error.

Any ideas?
                            Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
                            (770) 441-9447
                            The Martial Arts Store

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. There is an issue with eBay's sandbox currently that is not accepting any images to be uploaded to their site. They are aware of the bug and fixing it as we speak. Any preexisting pictures that already were used will work with listing creation. All relisting of listings still work. Any new pictures will cause the error. I will update the forum as soon as eBay fixes this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
                              Kyle Hansen
                              Miva
                              [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

This image upload issue could also be with production as well as sandbox. I stated only sandbox, but I was never told if it affected production as well.

Kyle Hansen
                                [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Working...
                                X