php or ssi includes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

php or ssi includes

Had a client move his store to MivaSaaS. There are some pages that are external and currently use php includes to load common html sections.

These sections aren't loading right now. I haven't been able to figure out the problem. I have used absolute path. But, the file attempting to load is in the same folder as the calling html file. (This was a requirement on the other hosts server which is a pain because there are multiple folders the same file needs to reside -- defeats the purposes). There will be a mivascript/MM module solution in the future, but these pages should be working now regardless.

Here's the line not executing:

<?php include('global-header.html'); ?>

I'm not getting error messages.

When I try an ssi method there is not joy either. The file called has .shtml extension for this scenario. Any ideas what I need to do?

In the control panel ssi and php includes are enabled.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Scott
    Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
    Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
    MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
    Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
    My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Re: php or ssi includes

First thing I'd try is use require_once() instead of include() as it will fail if it can't find the file. include() just gives a warning message that could be suppressed. Assuming it does fail, it'll give you a better error message about whats wrong.

Another thing to consider is how that is being called. If you just still php code in a Miva file, it will not run (or at least it never has in my experience). When apache/IIS tries to render an .mvc file, it will bypass all other engines. Files are processed by extension and a file wont have both .mvc AND .php as the extension.

Instead you need to put an MvCALL in the MivaScript to run the .php file which in turn will include/require your .html.

Or you could just MvCALL the .html file directly; just CALL and EVAL everything.

My 2 bits

Comment

Spoken like a true MivaScripter <g>...although i agree. Using MvCall as the include gives you a lot more control over what happens. The downside is that you'd need the server to process .html through empressa possibly incurring a little more processing load on the server verses ssi or php rendering.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks Scott. I'll try the require command. These are static pages right now, so mvcall method will be a consideration later.

Scott
        Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
        Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
        MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
        Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
        AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
        My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

Working...
        X