Serial number and downloads modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serial number and downloads modules

I am looking for someone to help us develop a serial number module, and to update an existing software download module that we have. I have seen a third party serial number "PIN" module - I think was developed by Viking Coders but I can't seem to find it at the moment - but I don't think this has the feature set we need.

Here is some background:

We run MIVA Merchant 5.5 with the latest updates and use a MySQL DB. We sell software products and our main shipping method is electronic delivery. We use an edelivery module that was developed for us several years ago, and it provides customers with a download page after they have ordered, that has links to all of their downloads (Our products have multiple downloads each). Some products require activation, and so we have a module that hands out serial numbers for these products. (We generate these serials first on a local computer and then upload them to MIVA)

Here is what we need assistance with:

We would like to have a "My Products" page, where a customer who is logged in can see their product serial numbers and download links. I am fairly comfortable creating and editing page templates, though I am not comfortable with MIVA script. Currently the serial numbers aren't associated internally with customers - we just hand out serials as they are needed and don't keep track of who they belong to. In addition, customers aren't associated with products and download files. (We export batches of orders to a local database and then purge the online orders). So we will need some new tables and a way to store and retrieve all this info. Also, the download page is currently generated by external php scripts, and we would like it 'built-in' to MIVA.

As I see it, there are two interconnected projects:

(1) Serial number module. Some features would include:
    - feature to batch add serials and link them to products in the admin interface.
    - automatically hand out serial numbers as the product is ordered and store all the info in the database.
    - a page for a customer service representative to log on and get a serial number for a phone order.
    - Note: feature not needed - generation of the serial numbers.

(2) Modifying our existing e-delivery system so that it can integrate with the serial number system, and so the download page is built-in to MIVA. Note: we have an application that handles the actual file downloads, which are on multiple servers.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Re: Serial number and downloads modules

Definitely something we can look at and discuss further. Feel free to reach out to us via contact info in signature, reference this post.

Comment

Working...
    X