Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Free Module] Generate tons of reviews with Yotpo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Free Module] Generate tons of reviews with Yotpo.

Originally posted by papi34 View Post
    #2 - How do you control the percentage of product reviews VS site reviews? I only see a template for product reviews. Is this a premium only feature? Edit: now I see it under general settings. It was grayed out because it is a premium feature.

#4 - Can you explain more about this? I could not find any info in the admin on it.

Edit: I must say...the more I played around with this module today, the more impressed I became. There are a ton of excellent features available; very well thought out piece of software. We've used BizRate, Resellerratings and Trustpilot in the past, and I think Yotpo is the best. Although, I did notice that Targeted Review Request emails are not displaying correctly when opened up in Outlook 2010 on a windows 7 machine.

Hey papi34,

Thanks for the kind words about Yotpo!

1) There are two ways you can get site reviews:

a)People using the Basic plan can use our Targeted Review Request feature--you upload a list of email addresses and we'll send them an email asking for a review of your site.

b) Premium users have access to our "Slider" feature. This means you can choose the percentage of Mail After Purchases that will go out requesting a product review versus site review. For example you can choose to have 80% of your MAPs prompt product reviews and 20% prompt site reviews (or whatever you choose).

2) About the SEO minisite, it's a way for you to make sure your reviews are crawled and indexed by search engines. It's also a Premium feature (though it remains free for users who signed up before June 5th 2014). You can read about how to set it up here and our Support team will also be happy to answer questions and help you out.

The issue with Outlook is one we are aware of. Our data shows that the vast majority of reviewers open the MAP email either on a web-mail client or on mobile (and the MAP works on both!). All emails with a form include a link at the top which Outlook users can click on to write a review.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know a posted yet another update to the module in the Miva app store which fixes the issue we were having with pulling orders.

Excited to hear what you think!

Comment

Originally posted by Talia from Yotpo View Post
        Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know a posted yet another update to the module in the Miva app store which fixes the issue we were having with pulling orders.
        Can you elaborate on what was fixed? Was it the Mail After Purchase Email? Because I set the delay to 1 Days after purchase on a test order. Changed the status in Miva Admin on that test order to "shipped", but never got the Mail After Purchase Email the next day. This was on the last version (1.0001) module. I have since installed 1.0002.
        Bronson Design Studio, LLC
        Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Can you elaborate on what was fixed? Was it the Mail After Purchase Email? Because I set the delay to 1 Days after purchase on a test order. Changed the status in Miva Admin on that test order to "shipped", but never got the Mail After Purchase Email the next day. This was on the last version (1.0001) module. I have since installed 1.0002.
          Hey,

We've fixed the issue with pulling orders--now all statuses are being pulled. If you've just downloaded the last version and run a test, you should get the Mail After Purchase! Definitely let me know if this is not the case.

Thanks!

Comment

Had the same issue/error just today, papi, and sent in a support request to Yotpo. Bless you for helping me know I am not alone!

FYI (cause i wish somebody else posted this first)

When on step 6 . “Select the Yotpo Product Reviews tab and either select register for a new Yotpo account or login if you already have an account. Then click on Update.” I get the following error…
            Runtime error in Merchant2/5.00/modules/system/yotpo.mvc @ [00000008:00000246]: yotpo.mv: Line 666: MvCALL: SSL Read Timeout

The issue has already been reported, and both Yotpo's QA and development team are working on resolveing this matter.
            Jamie Donaldson
            JSDVS Web Design / Development
            Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

Do you have any type of ETA on the bug being fixed?

Originally posted by Talia from Yotpo View Post
              Hey,

This bug has not been fixed yet, but we're working on it.

The workaround for now is to create an account at yotpo.com and choose "other" for platform. Then follow the installation instructions here: http://support.yotpo.com/entries/460...allation-Guide
              Jamie Donaldson
              JSDVS Web Design / Development
              Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

While the feature set found in the Yotpo Admin is very impressive and the UI on the front end nicely done, I've experienced numerous issues with the Miva implementation. They are as follows:

1. When on installation step 6 . “Select the Yotpo Product Reviews tab and either select register for a new Yotpo account or login if you already have an account. Then click on Update.” I get the following error…Runtime error in Merchant2/5.00/modules/system/yotpo.mvc @ [00000008:00000246]: yotpo.mv: Line 666: MvCALL: SSL Read Timeout. This is a known/reported/open issue.
                2. Targeted Review Request emails are not displaying correctly when opened up in Outlook 2010 on a windows 7 machine. This is a known/reported/open issue.
                3. Mail After Purchase Email not being sent after the specified time period after setting status to "shipped". This was discovered on the version (1.0001) module. I did not have time to retest in v1.0002 yet.
                4. Site Reviews Automation via bcc is also not working. Email never gets sent after the specified time period. This was true on the latest/greatest version (1.0002) module.

I hate to slam folks who are providing a free (basic) module. But...while there is a lot of potential here, I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling that a whole lot testing has been done on the Miva platform. I'd like to see confirmation from Yotpo that these problems have been fixed (with verification testing) and more feedback (good or bad) from the Miva Community on their findings before considering the paid premium version. Has anyone gotten the MAP or bcc to work properly? We did the suggested workaround to issue #1 and I wonder if that has led to the other problems found...

Comment

It is worth noting that in the email when we announced this, we specifically described it as a Beta for these very reasons.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]
                  https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                    It is worth noting that in the email when we announced this, we specifically described it as a Beta for these very reasons.
                    Thanks Rick. I just went back and reread the email. Although the word Beta was not mentioned, it did say, "We want you to help us out by trying Miva Merchant's newest integration: Yotpo Product Reviews." and "We're looking for Miva users to try out Yotpo and give us feedback. Are you in?" I guess that should have been enough of a tip-off. Anyway, I'm in - hope this feedback is viewed as constructive criticism and helps us get to where we need to go. Your efforts are much appreciated!

Comment

Good points, I think internally we referred to it as a Yotpo "Beta". As long as they stay super responsive I think this process will produce lots of fruit.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]
                      https://www.miva.com

Comment

While the feature set found in the Yotpo Admin is very impressive and the UI on the front end nicely done, I've experienced numerous issues with the Miva implementation. They are as follows:

1. When on installation step 6 . “Select the Yotpo Product Reviews tab and either select register for a new Yotpo account or login if you already have an account. Then click on Update.” I get the following error…Runtime error in Merchant2/5.00/modules/system/yotpo.mvc @ [00000008:00000246]: yotpo.mv: Line 666: MvCALL: SSL Read Timeout. This is a known/reported/open issue.
                        2. Targeted Review Request emails are not displaying correctly when opened up in Outlook 2010 on a windows 7 machine. This is a known/reported/open issue.
                        3. Mail After Purchase Email not being sent after the specified time period after setting status to "shipped". This was discovered on the version (1.0001) module. I did not have time to retest in v1.0002 yet.
                        4. Site Reviews Automation via bcc is also not working. Email never gets sent after the specified time period. This was true on the latest/greatest version (1.0002) module.

I hate to slam folks who are providing a free (basic) module. But...while there is a lot of potential here, I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling that a whole lot testing has been done on the Miva platform. I'd like to see confirmation from Yotpo that these problems have been fixed (with verification testing) and more feedback (good or bad) from the Miva Community on their findings before considering the paid premium version. Has anyone gotten the MAP or bcc to work properly? We did the suggested workaround to issue #1 and I wonder if that has led to the other problems found...

I hope it's clear to everyone in the community that we do really appreciate all the feedback you have been giving us--it's been extremely helpful in terms of improving the product and getting it to where it needs to be.
                        Free or not, we want our users to have the best product and service possible.

Based on your feedback over the past 2 months or so, we've released 3 versions of the product and we're continuing to work on improving issues.

The Miva Community and Rick + the Miva team have been so amazing and helpful--Thank you all so much!

Comment

Originally posted by jsdva View Post
                          Do you have any type of ETA on the bug being fixed?
                          We hope to have this fixed really soon, but I don't want to quote you a specific time and then not live up to it...but we're really trying to get it fixed ASAP.

Comment

I have a question and possibly a product enhancement. Yotpo must have a huge database of product reviews from all their clients. Are those product reviews able to be shared across all clients? If there was some standardization field like UPC code that you could key off of, I think it would be of tremendous value to allow your clients to opt-in to sharing their product reviews for display. Does something like that exist or in the works? Are your product reviews also shared/harvested by Google Adwords or only the site reviews (i.e. seller ratings)?
                            Last edited by papi34; 07-02-14, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I have a question and possibly a product enhancement. Yotpo must have a huge database of product reviews from all their clients. Are those product reviews able to be shared across all clients? If there was some standardization field like UPC code that you could key off of, I think it would be of tremendous value to allow your clients to opt-in to sharing their product reviews for display. Does something like that exist or in the works? Are your product reviews also shared/harvested by Google Adwords or only the site reviews (i.e. seller ratings)?
                              Did you mean that if two of our clients are selling the same product, can a review of that product on store A also be used on store B? Sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm not sure our clients would be up for sharing reviews with stores that may be competitors. Please clarify if I'm not getting the gist of this!

Only Site Reviews are counted towards AdWords campaigns (with Google Seller Ratings).

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm going to be out of the office next week.

If you're having any technical issues, please contact our awesome Support team at [email protected].

Anything else, write here or email me at [email protected] and I'll get back to you when I'm back!

Comment

Working...
                                X